JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Bloomberg is implying that there are unlicensed gun dealers on Armslist.com and that "These findings tell us that law enforcement, legislators and web sites all need to take steps to choke off this potentially deadly stream of illegal firearms sales". See how he worded that? Potentially. As usual he has no idea what's really going on.

U.S. mayors say thousands of guns sold illegally online

Get ready for the "gunshow loophole" style rhetoric all over again. I haven't even checked but I can tell you that he has no figures on how many crimes are committed with guns bought on Armslist. And you can bet that it's less that .01% because BATFE would have been all over them as soon as a trend appeared.

I'm sure there are some shady deals going down on Armslist. However that is for prosecutors to handle on a case-by-case basis. The overwhelming majority of Armslist sellers are "ship to FFL only", or if doing private sales, most want to see valid ID and a CC license.

Like you guys said - Bloomberg states that online sales are "illegal," a statement which is completely untrue, but he intends to do his best to throw money at the issue until the law is changed to fit his definition.

The worst part of all is that the media picks up on it and runs with it. I can't count the number of times I've heard "online sales" mentioned in some poorly-researched article or TV/radio spot, without anyone ever mentioning the process of FFL transfers, and what is involved in legally selling a firearm across the internet that may be shipped across state lines.

If Bloomberg wants to talk about "this potentially deadly stream of illegal firearms sales" (Armslist), someone should ask him how he feels about Operation Fast & Furious. Instead of "potential" illegal firearms sales, how about documented machinegun sales to known criminals by the thousands? That kind of " deadly stream of illegal firearms sales"?

What a jackwagon !

So assuming for a sec that the report is accurate; isnt the activities (straw purchases and doing business w out a lisence for starters) already have laws dealing with that? So why do we need to add additional laws if.... the curret laws are not being enforced?

So assuming for a sec that the report is accurate; isnt the activities (straw purchases and doing business w out a lisence for starters) already have laws dealing with that? So why do we need to add additional laws if.... the curret laws are not being enforced?

Because someone wants to be reelected. "Vote for me and I will saaaaave you."

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews