JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By the way... any of you guys have any suggestions for a small, affordable "everything you need to assemble a lower" toolkit?
I assembled my very first stripped lower and barrelled upper into a complete rifle last week using a small hammer, a pair of vice grips (optional), two punches I made from nails using a file, a big screwdriver for the grip screw, and liberal amounts of masking tape to avoid scratches.

Aside from a few drops of 3-in-1 oil, that was it.

Last Edited:
I assembled my very first stripped lower and barrelled upper into a complete rifle last week using a small hammer, a pair of vice grips (optional), two punches I made from nails using a file, a big screwdriver for the grip screw, and liberal amounts of masking tape to avoid scratches.

Aside from a few drops of 3-in-1 oil, that was it.
:s0122:
;).

IMG_0143_zpsud2kdwgt.jpg Tape on the Vise-Grip jaws makes installation of the trigger guard and mag release pins a snap with zero scratches. I also used a piece of one nail as a pilot/slave pin to make installation of the trigger parts easier.

Last Edited:
Just got mine in-hand today. Thanks, Jon!

Now to go round up some punches and find a way to make the Do This Do That Dipsh*t Sisters my relatives understand that when douchenozzles like Ferguson mouth-fart about bans only ASSEMBLED on effective date counts for grandfathering...

Just got mine in-hand today. Thanks, Jon!

Now to go round up some punches and find a way to make the Do This Do That Dipsh*t Sisters my relatives understand that when douchenozzles like Ferguson mouth-fart about bans only ASSEMBLED on effective date counts for grandfathering...

Congrats! I know you've been waiting for it for a bit now.

How does everyone like the finish on them / quality of the lower?

Not having tools for assembly, I'd call the Anderson overall finish "basic"--it's functional, not fancy, more of a "no-frills workhorse" character.

It's not what I'd choose to build a prettied-up one for my gal on without a strip-and-refinish, but for a basic starter build it fits with no complaints.

Finished the build today. Just need to add optics and upgrade a few things but for my first build I think it turned out pretty good. would love everyone's feed back so the next one can be even better.

Finished the build today. Just need to add optics and upgrade a few things but for my first build I think it turned out pretty good. would love everyone's feed back so the next one can be even better.
Wow good looking first build man! Looks like a good all around use rifle build. Noticed that you had some fde components. I think matching the furniture and even other small lpk/upk parts can look good together. It is also fun to do military clone builds as an option, they can take a bit longer though.

Props on the rifle, great to see the NWF lower! The part about almost having the first one finished, and already planning the next one made me laugh. Welcome to the addiction:)

Nice clean build. And yeah, its addicting. I told myself I would only build one, and yet I'm on #4 with plans for #5 already LOL!

Wow good looking first build man! Looks like a good all around use rifle build. Noticed that you had some fde components. I think matching the furniture and even other small lpk/upk parts can look good together. It is also fun to do military clone builds as an option, they can take a bit longer though.

Props on the rifle, great to see the NWF lower! The part about almost having the first one finished, and already planning the next one made me laugh. Welcome to the addiction:)

It is absolutely addicting if I put a TV in my shop my wife might not ever see me! LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top