JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was gonna p
I suspect the people in power will make sure to not ever answer this question as they know it is a no win for them. They wanted these to not be eligible for for buy it and walk out of the store. When one place advertised them as buy and walk they had to walk that back. So they wanted the restrictions but, they sure do not want to classify them as hand gun since then anyone with a CPL can carry them loaded. So they will just refuse to answer. I am sure some carry them loaded and will probably be fine. I would NOT do this in this state.
Indeed. NEVER trust Turd Ferguson or ANY D...

Aint it legal until STATED otherwise?

I'd be sure to document any communication with any Govt agency so that if SHTF, you have proof of your attempt and thier lack of response.

Aint it legal until STATED otherwise?

I'd be sure to document any communication with any Govt agency so that if SHTF, you have proof of your attempt and thier lack of response.
I can almost hear them say "lack of understanding the law doesn't excuse.. Blah blah..." but I see your point.

These "firearms" are not handguns - at this point in time, that is not going to change at the federal or state level. It probably won't change at any state level until it changes at the federal level, and then only if the NFA changes - don't hold your breath.

Most states have laws against carrying any loaded firearm except a handgun, in a vehicle, and a handgun usually only with a permit.

My advice: practice speed loading your shotgun.

Last Edited:
Nope, In Washington your license allows you to carry a pistol concealed. Since it's not a pistol....
Exactly this is why one of my next acquisitions will be a 9mm folding 'brace' pistol of some sort, probably an MPX. Best to be 100% in compliance. Learned that from working in LA for almost a decade.

Or 300 blk AR pistol with a PDW collapsible brace?

If a person is going to carry the weight and length of a "pistol" like that, might as well be a rifle cartridge. I don't see much benefit in carrying something that large, with the much weight, chambered for a pistol cartridge. The idea of the long gun and a handgun both using the same ammo is illusory IMO, or at best, minimal.

OTOH, carrying a handgun that shoots a rifle cartridge, that seems a bit better to me (e.g., 5.7x28) in certain niche situations. If a person wants something for getting home, or dealing with mobs, having a PS90 bullpup with 50 round mags, lightweight ammo, and a Five Seven in a holster to back it up, is a possible solution.

If a person is going to carry the weight and length of a "pistol" like that, might as well be a rifle cartridge. I don't see much benefit in carrying something that large, with the much weight, chambered for a pistol cartridge. The idea of the long gun and a handgun both using the same ammo is illusory IMO, or at best, minimal.
The MPX in 3.5" is pretty compact, certainly more so than the 300BLK 'pistol' I have. I regularly shoot my 7.5" AR pistol at the rifle range and no one raises an eyebrow.

A pistol with a brace is easier for me to shoot better. That's the benefit for me.

Exactly my point actually. If you're going to be carrying a larger gun like an AR pistol and such, might as well carry something that has a punch to it. If I'm sacrificing mobility already by switching to a pistol chambered carbine, I'd rather go to something that actually packs a punch like 300 blk. With shorter barrel you're already sacrificing velocity and accuracy at longer ranges, plus 300 blk would be great in a short barrel like that compared to 556 for more reasons than one.
But then again, this is a shockwave thread and this is probably a great discussion for a separate thread. ;)

My reason for buying a Shockwave will be to then immediately file a BATF form and once approved, put my folding 590 stock on it. I'll have to check OR law on that though if I want to take it riding with me.

EDIT: Looks like my CHL does apply to all firearms for the purposes of preempting local ordinances.

Last Edited:
The MPX in 3.5" is pretty compact, certainly more so than the 300BLK 'pistol' I have. I regularly shoot my 7.5" AR pistol at the rifle range and no one raises an eyebrow.

A pistol with a brace is easier for me to shoot better. That's the benefit for me.
I have been a PCC fanboy all my damn life. Many hate on them, mattered not to me. When AR pistols came along I had zero interest until the brace thing. Then after I finally made one in 9mm? Not only is it a ton of damn fun, it is to me a GREAT defensive gun. Many hate on these too, the pistol AR's in hand gun caliber. Again to me, I love these things. Now when they take the braces away from us I will sadly no longer have any use for mine. Like them so much I may jump the NFA hoops for one, maybe. For now they to me are a great little fun and useful gun.

I have been a PCC fanboy all my damn life. Many hate on them, mattered not to me. When AR pistols came along I had zero interest until the brace thing. Then after I finally made one in 9mm? Not only is it a ton of damn fun, it is to me a GREAT defensive gun. Many hate on these too, the pistol AR's in hand gun caliber. Again to me, I love these things. Now when they take the braces away from us I will sadly no longer have any use for mine. Like them so much I may jump the NFA hoops for one, maybe. For now they to me are a great little fun and useful gun.
To each their own. That's what makes these hobbies fun! ;)

Many hate on these too, the pistol AR's in hand gun caliber.
Without a folding brace it's just not as useful for me, and the typical AR in 9mm isn't super attractive to me anyway, but the MPX isn't a typical 9mm AR. I also have a 300BLK pistol and a 300 BLK 10" carbine, made non-sbr by pinning the can on the front. Rifles in pistol calibers are fine by me, I also have a Thunderbolt in 45 LC - this isn't a new thing. Dad has a Winchester '73 in 32-20 as well.

Having the brace makes them much easier for mortals like me to shoot well and having them be a handgun makes them covered by my CHL for more use cases. If not for the goofy laws, I'd much rather have a folding stock SBR but that's not the world we live in.

I don't disagree that short barreled "pistols" with a brace are more compact than a rifle, but I am just saying, for the weight and size of an AR pistol (or anything similar), they might as well be chambered in a rifle cartridge.

I don't disagree that short barreled "pistols" with a brace are more compact than a rifle, but I am just saying, for the weight and size of an AR pistol (or anything similar), they might as well be chambered in a rifle cartridge.
It's probably going to be my new nightstand gun (possibly replacing a silencer equipped 300 BLK AR) and for that, I want something reasonably compact and if possible, quieter than the current AR. I'm not so worried about myself, but I don't want to deafen my family for life. Also, the shorty MPX isn't anything like the size of any AR "rifle" pistol I've ever been around. Maybe an AK I guess. Not yet an AK fan though.

Exactly my point actually. If you're going to be carrying a larger gun like an AR pistol and such, might as well carry something that has a punch to it. If I'm sacrificing mobility already by switching to a pistol chambered carbine, I'd rather go to something that actually packs a punch like 300 blk. With shorter barrel you're already sacrificing velocity and accuracy at longer ranges, plus 300 blk would be great in a short barrel like that compared to 556 for more reasons than one.
But then again, this is a shockwave thread and this is probably a great discussion for a separate thread. ;)
In Range TV has a vid where they compare the .300 to 7.62x51 in SBRs/et. al. - the .300 BLK did better. I think they maybe also compared to 5.56 and 7.62x39, but I have felt for a while that the 7.62x39 was better in an SBR than 5.56.

The state of WA will not under any circumstances send you a letter saying its OK to do anything firearm related. They prosecute the laws. They do not help people comply with them. Tried it.

The state of WA will not under any circumstances send you a letter saying its OK to do anything firearm related. They prosecute the laws. They do not help people comply with them. Tried it.
So far as I know no one is trying to get the idiots who make the rules give us an "OK". The hang up on these (shockwaves) has been how they classify them. They wanted to consider them a hand gun when places were selling them but they did not want to actually say they are a hand gun. They did not want them sold with no wait, but did not want to call them a hand gun either. So they are of course refusing to answer when asked. Typical of how things often work

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top