JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't read every post, so maybe someone has mentioned this already; The other thing is that the ATF says one of the reasons the Shockwave is a "firearm" and not a handgun is because it is not concealable.

the Federal Marshals carried their shotguns concealed, it is possible
are familiar with the Driz-a-bone duster so common up here in the NW?
you can hang a Shockwave with a single point sling under a Duster quite easily
and I have worn my Duster into Portland many times without attracting attention
but not with my Shockwave under it

us-marshals-shotgun-witness-protection.jpg

Yeah, a copy of that letter was in the box when I bought mine. I keep it in the safe with it and will probably put it in the carry bag when I take it to the range or camping just to be safe.

The people who first found the "hole" in the law that allowed these did that. The were making a kit to turn a Cruiser into what later became the Shockwave. They included a letter that they strongly recommended you keep with the gun at all times after you built it. When I first saw the kit and the finished results I was just sure there was no way in hell this would fly. After a while when the Feds and most states did not flat out say NO WAY, Mossberg, then later Rem. decided to get in on the action.

Keep in mind that actually concealing on the person an "other firearm" (not to be confused with AOW) would likely result in the ATF considering it an AOW (which requires an NFA stamp).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top