JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to the range today for a final choice and zero verification. Which, oh which, load to choose? The tried and true 160 Accubond and 3,000 FPS, or the upstart 162 ELDX with it's shiny new "heat shield" tip (cough A-Max cough) and ballistic coefficient advantage? Not to mention that I killed my best bull to date with a single shot last year, and I already load the same for my brother, and I have 800 of them already, and...

So it's obvious which way I was leaning. But accuracy is (almost) everything, so who wins?

From my last range session the scope was zeroed for the AB. I looked at the ELDX target and adjusted the scope to zero for the ELDX before I fired a shot. Windage was good but I got aggressive with elevation. Just two shots, I know, but at 80 degrees or more the barrel takes forever to cool.

View attachment 494604

Down two clicks. Fire two more, different target.

View attachment 494607

The top group is .261", the bottom group is .088", but exactly 2 clicks below the .261", so I can't cherrypick. I'm calling it four shots in .261" and I don't care what @Stomper says. There's accuracy and precision right there, I don't care who you are.

Accubond was up next. Leaving the zero where it was, I figured the AB load would be three left and two up. Well whaddya know.

View attachment 494606

I think I'm done. ELDX wins, but AB is a decent backup.

P

Dude, that's TOTALLY bad-arse! :s0155:

5F4F5D11-D3CE-463F-B23D-94E077375704.jpeg

Ain't nuthin' new about taping targets.

You wait until your favorite gets discontinued, you'll tape them, too.

P

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top