JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can assemble your own quality AR platform rifle and there are thousands of combinations. There has been a lot of discussion about barrel selection and I would simply caution you here about weight. If you will be shooting this from a bench rest for plinking and fun then no worries at all, if you will carry the rifle or take it for long range sessions, say to a rifle class, then a heavy profile barrel will cause you angst.

Spend the money up front and get what you want. Used parts are also a great way to save money, because as most of us know we get it, change it, modify it etc...as part of the fun of this hobby.

Good luck.

Plus one million. Chrome or coating may help a little when cleaning but I do not have any issues with a mil-spec phosphate coated BCG's. Get a CAT 4 tool and bolt cleaning is cake.

bhcatm4.png

You have to run a lot of ammo before the inside of the BC gets nasty. When you run it dry is when you get the baked on carbon in the carrier.

Hickok45 mentioned this tool in one of his videos, had great things to say about the tool and the company as well.

You can assemble your own quality AR platform rifle and there are thousands of combinations. There has been a lot of discussion about barrel selection and I would simply caution you here about weight. If you will be shooting this from a bench rest for plinking and fun then no worries at all, if you will carry the rifle or take it for long range sessions, say to a rifle class, then a heavy profile barrel will cause you angst.

Spend the money up front and get what you want. Used parts are also a great way to save money, because as most of us know we get it, change it, modify it etc...as part of the fun of this hobby.

Good luck.

I never even considered second hand parts, derp. Thanks.

I will post a range report on the$99.00 special barrel. I am one part from completion of the rifle.
Used parts are good depending what you want. I picked up some magpul funiture and such but I would stay away from used uppers,lowers,etc,etc. IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top