JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just thought I would update everyone on my interaction with these guys today.

I have called distributors and dealers, but no one answers the calls, nor do they return emails. On a whim, I decided to call the factory, and got someone. They are currently only taking orders from LE and MIL, and only for departmental weapons. Guys are calling from Afghanistan, knowing what's going on and they are having to turn them away.

I was told that hope fully in 6-8 months they may be able to start taking some orders from distributors, and maybe even some special orders. They aren't even taking back-orders on anything from distributors right now. She was a really nice gal, and very apologetic that she could not hook up a recently retired vet, she said we deserve them more than anyone.

I guess its hard to compete with that government cash. So if this is any indicator, looks like most everything is being bought up by the government, and they are the ones causing the shortages. Price us right out of the market. And I really wonder where they are putting all these weapons they are ordering, GI's are over there running around with JUNK. I've seen old 1st gen M16 A2's in theater, with so much slop between the upper and lower that the poor soldier couldn't hope for a 3 inch group at 25 meters.

Too bad, guess I'll look for that 300BLK next year. But glad she was honest and friendly.

So if they are only selling to LE and MIL and not civilians. The question is do we continue to support them?

If they won't support civilians who will, we know the government won't.

You know, I bet it's not that simple. It would be very interesting to see the books of some of these manufacturers. I wonder how soon, before or after Sandy Hook, did the big government orders come in effectively locking the public out of the market. The sudden total lack of EBRs was "sudden". It almost seemed impossible for the supply to dry up so quickly. I just don't know any more.

But I would hate to have any financial hurt come to John's family just because a government order came in and backed them up so badly, preventing them from servicing the public. The gal I talked to sounded like she genuinely wished she could do business.

I have bought parts within the last two weeks. I pretty much have ordered all of the parts for the complete NSR upper within the last month and a half. I know they are still selling parts, and I have seen on their facebook page sale offers of limited supplies uppers that they have done in the last two weeks. I had to check their website multiple times a day to get the parts but it worked out. I know facebook sucks for most stuff but Noveske has been posting these Limited quantities uppers on their page.

So if they are only selling to LE and MIL and not civilians. The question is do we continue to support them?

If they won't support civilians who will, we know the government won't.

In the last several years the military has really cracked down on firearms manufacturer's if they don't meet deadlines. They are probably full steam ahead in order to not get fined for being late. It's not a matter of ONLY supporting the federal government, more likely fulfilling your obligations.

Slightly off subject, but does anyone know why Noveske quit offering N6 models (7.62 Nato) a couple of years ago? By the time I could afford one they were nonexistent.

If I had to guess, the 300BLK makes more sense from the MFG standpoint. Same receiver, same bolt, same everything, just a different barrel, and you still get the .30 cal.

I will continue to support Noveske, they are a good Oregon company. It's not like they are all down their getting rich, lining their pockets with government funds. They are working folk who just lost their strong and confident leader and friend. Least I can do is cut them some slack, let them get back on their feet and then reward a good Oregon company with my hard earned dollars.

If someone over in the sandbox wanted a Noveske I would be happy to let them take cuts in front of me. Stateside military, ehhh maybe. Law enforcement should just get in line like everyone else.

I agree with that...They just likely got caught between a rock and a hard place. My OP was mainly just to let everyone know where they were at the moment, not to imply a boycott. I was born in 1976 too, in that little valley down there. Noveske is not up to anything crooked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top