JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
GF confirms lots of people thru her store tonight spending upwards of $500 stacked carts and wearing masks out in Hillsboro.

You can always beat them to the punch and sell them yourself... like that model 41... to me.

Too bad, so sad. :)

I'm kind of a fan of .22lr target pistols, ,so Beretta Model 87 (manufactured 2009), Beretta Model 89 (manufactured 1990), Browning Buck Mark .22 Ultra Target (manufactured 1995), Colt 1911 .22, Hammerli Trailside .22LR 6" x2 , S&W 617 Stainless .22, S&W 622 .22 (manufactured 1998ish), Smith & Wesson 41 (manufactured 1980-81).

Regrettably for bargain hunters, no (current) wife, so actual values noted.

I can assure you it's neither of those stores.

WinCo, and in more volume than usual. She said it's a mixed input like our threads here with some who are prepper and those who think it's over reaction.

Again just relaying what she told me tonight after getting home.
If it's Costco/Sams that'd hardly unusual, however she would be the better guide as to the norms of when folks tend to buy big orders in her store.

And has been ill (obviously contagious) for about 9 days.

A scary part of this disease is that people may be symptom free and contagious beyond 21 days.

Figures. A school. That's what...300 to 400 students possibly infected that have been going to birthday parties, children's events, museums, etc. Maybe a quarantine may have been effective if this was a techy who worked from home...but a school? Great...

Being a geezer myself (without any significant health issues other than old age) I'm, frankly, at peace with whatever comes. However, if my kids sell my guns at a steep discount, I swear on all that is holy (my Sig 1911 Super Target and S&W 41) that I will haunt them forever.
That's good. 'Cause I want those guns and it'd be a cryin' shame if your spirit stuck to them to haunt me and mine. Yep, you go on hauntin' those kids of yours...I've gotta hit the range.

That's good. 'Cause I want those guns and it'd be a cryin' shame if your spirit stuck to them to haunt me and mine. Yep, you go on hauntin' those kids of yours...I've gotta hit the range.

I'll haunt the kids, not the guns - why would I want to screw up someone's enjoyment of such fine firearms?

Nothing would have really mattered on our part. Like it or not, the world is a global economy, people fly everywhere all the time. There's a 10 day incubation period part of which you show no symptoms but are contagious. China thought they could contain it initially, and didn't understand i what it was, so it really screwed the pooch early on. There was a global sales conference in Singapore that hosted 109 people from around the globe - someone left the conference infected - it got out, game over.

The "upside" on this is that the mortality rate is only (c) 2%. That's extremely low. SARS virus of 2003 had an 11% mortality rate - over 3x as lethal. Countries that have bad health systems will experience higher mortality rates of course. At this point, prepare to get sick or have services interrupted because of the number of sick people. Usual planning stuff - 2 weeks of food/water, self sufficiency, etc. IF you get sick, see a Dr. (or call your local clinic for advice) and get anti-virus medication.
as a financial recommendation - the stock market tanked the past couple days = opportunity to buy low. it will come back. (today its +380 already).
bottom line, stay safe, stay prepared and ignore the paranoia.

The mortality rate is much more than so called gun violence and they are always all over that one.

We have a 24/7 news cycle. If people turned on the "news" and were told, Economy is doing great, Unemployment has never been this low, everyone can go out and do great. How many people would bother to watch and listen? Now turn on the "news" and be told DISASTER IS IMMINENT, MILLIONS MAY DIE, EVERYTHING MAY CRASH. Well now people will keep coming back to see how bad it is. Human nature at its finest :D

Similar To ( continuous gun violence & Orange man bad )

I keep hearing that tens of thousands of people die in the US every year from the normal Flu viruses. Honestly I haven't personally known one person who has died from the flu. I've known plenty of people who have died from heart related problems, strokes, diabetes related conditions, car accidents etc. I have had the flu multiple times myself and I've known people who have had the flu but none have died from it.

How many of you have known somebody who has died from the flu?

Is it possible that the annual flu death numbers are exaggerated?

Where could a I find a state by state breakdown of the death count by year from the flu?

Last Edited:
Figures. A school. That's what...300 to 400 students possibly infected that have been going to birthday parties, children's events, museums, etc. Maybe a quarantine may have been effective if this was a techy who worked from home...but a school? Great...
Currently all we can do is remain as healthy as we can & keep an eye on the Children. Far as I know no schools have been broadly effected ...yet. I'm not going to worry about it until that happens. our Labs are working around the clock to do that. Hopefully it will remain isolated like the flu in this Country, and so far(in this Country) the mortality rate is well below the Flu. In the mean time, I'm packing up & heading for the Gun Show.

I keep hearing that tens of thousands of people die in the US every year from the normal Flu viruses. Honestly I haven't personally know one person who has died from the flu. I've known plenty of people who have died from heart related problems, strokes, diabetes related conditions, car accidents etc. I have had the flu multiple times myself and I've known people who have had the flu but none have died from it.

How many of you have known somebody who has died from the flu?

Is it possible that the annual flu death numbers are exaggerated?

Where could a I find a state by state breakdown of the death count by year from the flu?
A former coworker of mine died from it a couple years back. Went from "I don't feel well" to dead inside of 24 hours. She had gone to the ER, was sent home, and died in her sleep from a combo of fever and drowning in fluid that had filled her lungs.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads