JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The rumors we can do without, the whole Y2K world is gonna end thing kinda popped a lot of bubbles not to mention 2012 or the other myriad of doomsday scenarios. I say just prep as you would or have for all those which most should already have supplies set aside. I have fuel, meds, ammo, reloading supplies, first aide supplies, etc. etc. etc. The news is what the news is, not always the full truth but also sometimes overblown, stay healthy..........

I think this one calls for a slight expansion of normal (if there is such a thing) SHTF preps - I've looked at supplementary O2 sources, sterilization sources for reusable masks and goggles, laid in some flu specific OTC meds, and so on. Nothing too wild, but not on the normal prepper shopping list.

C'MON PEOPLE...

Ive been busy the last few hours and didn't see what was posted before it was deleted, but we have to knock this crap off. Now it's flagged for closure.

I, and many others on here appreciate the news others bring here. I appreciate the views on that news that folks post here, on both sides of the coin. I use this specific thread as a good part of my news intake/ feed.

Please don't get this thread closed.

I think this one calls for a slight expansion of normal (if there is such a thing) SHTF preps - I've looked at supplementary O2 sources, sterilization sources for reusable masks and goggles, laid in some flu specific OTC meds, and so on. Nothing too wild, but not on the normal prepper shopping list.
I'd be interested to hear what you've thought about O2 sources.

Question.
Can't we shut down all travel to and from China?

There are thousands of people entering this country from China every day. At any given time you can look up on FlightRadar24 and find a dozen or more aircraft, heavies, or wide bodies 300 plus people on each plane flying to various US destinations.

Hajien Airlines or what ever airlines flies a 787 Dreamliner from Bejing to Las Vegas about 4 times a week. Again, probably 350 people on that plane, going to a destination where travelers all over the world go and then return home, exposed to who knows whatever. There has been much more exposure to all this already.

What the real thing here is, that the media, and in particular WSJ, Bloomberg (go figure azzhole), MSNBC and all the other MSM trash purveying outlets have managed to get the market to react to these fabricated supply chain disruptions, and have precipitated the last two days of down markets. This allows the institutional investors and the shorts to take advantage of fluctuating prices on stocks, like Apple, Google, Disney and those with strong international operations in China. There have been huge profits taken and there will be even larger profits taken when the market comes back up. When you see Apple down $ 5 a share, the institutional investors will buy hard and double their money or more on millions of dollars in trades, when Apple comes back $ 10 higher.

The corona virus is real, but not the plague some make it out to be. This is pure and a simple a very successful media manipulation by the financial hacks that spew the bullsh*t I read in my stock feed every day. I am just a small time investor who has managed to do pretty good the last couple of years, but the minute the hacks scream " go to gold, equities are tanking" you know they are trying to move the market and it has worked very well this time. See it for what it is, otherwise MSM would not be reporting it.

So I took a position in Dollar General yesterday, no international exposure, serving markets the chains can't or will not serve. We will see what happens. You have a better chance of dying from the regular flu than you do of some obscure virus from China.

Just for an example, this is a Emirates Airbus 380 from Dubai to San Francisco. Probably 400 people on this plane. It flies over my place in Central Oregon 3 times a week on that flight. That is how many people move around this world on any given day.

IMG_1149 (1).jpg

Last Edited:
The 5% of the worlds population the spanish flu killed was a huge number, and there weren't a billion people on the planet. With 7 billion people that works out to 245 million? More than all the wars of the last hundred years.

The 5% of the worlds population the spanish flu killed was a huge number, and there weren't a billion people on the planet. With 7 billion people that works out to 245 million? More than all the wars of the last hundred years.

In addition we were much more rural in 1918 with much less international travel, so harder to infect the masses, yet still horrific death totals. And with the Spanish flu, the second bout was the most deadly. There are indications that might be the case with this Covid19.

Last Edited:
Is anyone "crazy" enough to have bought a few full body tyvek suits?

Yes, however quality of life and modern understanding of medicine makes a huge difference. Spanish influenza aka H1N1 also reemerged in 2009 as swine flu, and proved to be far less devastating due to advances in both the 2nd time around.

Yes, however quality of life and modern understanding of medicine makes a huge difference. Spanish influenza aka H1N1 also reemerged in 2009 as swine flu, and proved to be far less devastating due to advances in both the 2nd time around.

The thing with this or any potential pandemic is that when it goes full blown, we simply don't have the depth of medical resources needed to treat each case with the full weight of modern medicine, so then you're back to isolation, palliative care and prayer.

With so many relying on the internet for medical advice, bad and good. Results may be even worse than 1918.

"I ain't gonna get my kid vaccinated, it'll make him stupid!". Trust me it isn't the vaccine, it's genetics.

Me? Luckily I don't have to work around people, I stay clean and eat right. I just bought some lysol wipes for my work vehicle. Hopefully I have enough nicotine and caffeine in my system to kill any virus.:s0112:

I have only read a few comments so hopefully this is not a repeat.
The 1918 flu killed 20 to 100 million people in ONE YEAR (estimates vary), that's somewhere between 55,000 and 275,000 people per day world wide. :eek:
The 2020 coronavirus has been ramping up for a couple of months at least. It has killed less than 2,800 so far, none in the US to date.
From a graph of the number of cases over time, it looks to me like the number is flattening out:

CDC says fewer than 2500 deaths:

I'd take normal precautions against getting a cold or flu, but this does not look like a big problem.

Last Edited:
I get the feeling we're being manipulated to some degree by hidden hands
that are getting reckless with peoples lives, while trying to create some chaos for profit/ratings/political advantage/a55-covering.
If the fear fed by lack of facts being released to the masses isn't pulled back soon.....

or...
"When in danger or in doubt, Just run in circles, scream and shout"

Last Edited:
I get the feeling we're being manipulated to some degree by hidden hands
that are getting reckless with peoples lives, while trying to create some chaos for profit/ratings/political advantage. If the fear fed by lack of facts being released to the masses isn't pulled back soon.....

We have a 24/7 news cycle. If people turned on the "news" and were told, Economy is doing great, Unemployment has never been this low, everyone can go out and do great. How many people would bother to watch and listen? Now turn on the "news" and be told DISASTER IS IMMINENT, MILLIONS MAY DIE, EVERYTHING MAY CRASH. Well now people will keep coming back to see how bad it is. Human nature at its finest :D

I been following the map for a while and what I am really finding hard to believe is there are 0 cases in central/South America. Either there have not been many Chinese visiting, or its totally unreported there.:eek:
A Brazilian man returning from Italy has tested positive. Also, reports today that 2 Thais were infected while vacationing in Japan. So, it's now spreading from places other than China.
"The first potential case in Latin America was reported late on Tuesday with Brazilian authorities saying a 61-year-old man in São Paulo had tested positive. According to the O Globo newspaper the man recently arrived back in the country from Italy."
There was also an interesting report from Kenya last week about a Chinese construction worker who became ill. The Kenyans sent police and a medical team to the Chinese construction camp to evaluate him but the Chinese management wouldn't let them on the premises, claiming the place was quarantined. Nothing was confirmed, but if nothing else, it shows you who is running things in Kenya.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads