JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As I understand it now.* Masks probably won't hurt, might help, so why not. I say 'probably' because if you are concentrating contaminants on the mask, the intent, and you don't follow a good protocol for removing and disposing of the mask you could get infected from the device you were hoping would protect you. This also assumes the mask is rated to filter the size particle you are attempting to keep out. That said, I have some N95's, and I'd likely use them if I had to go out.
I think sanitizing them would have an uncertain outcome. I would try to track down any recommendations the manufacture might have in this regard, yet I suspect they will just say they are single use only. Virus' do not survive heat, how much and how long varies on the specific virus. I've heard a couple people mention sunlight, not a lot of good W of the Cascades most days, but maybe out there in wine country. The video posted above about masks had some info. I found useful.

*I'm not an expert on anything, so do your own homework!

"A strange, absurd situation." Report from Italy's quarantined area. Police roadblocks, pet food running short.

Does anyone know what quarantine procedures will be used in the US if an epicenter of infection begins to take hold in one of our towns or cities?

Would the National Guard or police block all points of entry and exit, locking down the area?

I travel for work, so something like that would basically end my normal income stream. I'm sure if my town was locked down while I was away they would still let me return to my family, with the understanding I won't be leaving again until the situation is over.

Flu test costs Florida man $3270. Aside from the "Obama care was great" and "Let's blame Trump" slant of this story, it shows how expensive a visit to the hospital can be these days. Now just imagine 2 to 4 weeks in the ICU.

I wonder if the author sees any irony in this story: The guy's coverage would have been better under the Affordable Care Act, but he couldn't afford it.

Flu test costs Florida man $3270. Aside from the "Obama care was great" and "Let's blame Trump" slant of this story, it shows how expensive a visit to the hospital can be these days. Now just imagine 2 to 4 weeks in the ICU.

I wonder if the author sees any irony in this story: The guy's coverage would have been better under the Affordable Care Act, but he couldn't afford it.

Amazing medical system we have... I saw a report on Max Keiser that many smaller local hospitals are going out of business because people with high deductibles get sick locally and then end up getting transferred to larger regional hospitals for treatment. The unintened consequence is that because the average American has less than $400 in savings, the 13,000 or so in deductible expenses can not be paid to the local hospital, while the additional costs incurred at the large hospital are covered by insurance because the deductible has been met.

Amazing medical system we have... I saw a report on Max Keiser that many smaller local hospitals are going out of business because people with high deductibles get sick locally and then end up getting transferred to larger regional hospitals for treatment. The unintened consequence is that because the average American has less than $400 in savings, the 13,000 or so in deductible expenses can not be paid to the local hospital, while the additional costs incurred at the large hospital are covered by insurance because the deductible has been met.

If you decide to use a HDHP, and you're not stashing some cash into an HSA every pack check, you're doing it wrong.

"The OHA will release updates on the numbers each Tuesday starting on March 3."

I try to not look at this thread everyday, but sounds like this thing is taking off.

Not as worried about getting sick as I am a economic collapse, and the markets seem to be reacting the same way.

I talked to some smarter people than me, and they recomended some stuff to stock up on I hadn't thought of.

Multi vitamins and Any medications or OTC you take, as the chemical precursers are made in China.

Some books for reading. If you are stuck inside for a long time and TV/internet is down.

Any electronic items you need or will need next year or so. For me this was some portable solar panels a battery bank, and some more 18650s for my lights.

Maybe some rechargeable batteries for lanterns and such.

TP

Paper towels

Baby wipes and diapers,

Things I need to get off my butt on are my handheld Ham radios and battery packs, and maybe beefing up my battery stockpile.

IGNORE. It is the way they are charting the people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

Is anyone aware of something in the US Midwest. The John Hopkins maps is showing a cluster of cases in South Kansas.

Last Edited:
IGNORE. It is the way they are charting the people from the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

Is anyone aware of something in the US Midwest. The John Hopkins maps is showing a cluster of cases in South Kansas.

I read just a little bit ago that 18 more people from the diamond princess had tested positive and are in quarantine. It didn't mention where tho. This could be that group of 18.

I try to not look at this thread everyday, but sounds like this thing is taking off.

That is my sense too. I did a lengthy gym session today and was watching the multiplicity of televisions they have and the news stories were alarming. Last night me and my beloved discussed our plans, which were largely patterned on a past possible contagion. We'll be refining said more so in coming days.

Well wishes to our friends here. Best to be ready. :s0155:

I read just a little bit ago that 18 more people from the diamond princess had tested positive and are in quarantine. It didn't mention where tho. This could be that group of 18.
Map shows 36 cases. let's hope they were all quarantined. Exact location on the map is obviously wrong though...

the pressure has been put on this state release information, now they are. You know very well what he drill is that, you do the math.
ya guys warm up those old cb's/10/11 meter radio's.

These isn't alot in the link. you'll see another link which oregon fact sheet ??

Map shows 36 cases. let's hope they were all quarantined. Exact location on the map is obviously wrong though...
There were reports yesterday that between 30 and 70 confirmed positives from the DP were at Travis AFB and would be transferred to Costa Mesa, but a judge blocked the transfer (see post 706). Could that be these folks?

Last Edited:
Apparently they are in CA. See para. 15.

"Pauley had said a total of 18 coronavirus patients were being treated or monitored in Napa, Solano, Contra Costa and San Francisco counties.
For patient privacy reasons, he would not name those hospitals or the number of patients in each county."

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads