JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Since nobody knows what's going to happen with gun control, maybe you should go over to all the gun control threads. Post the same opinion. See what the response to that is. Just a thought.

Ok man, you're right. I'm wrong. You win, I lose.

Better? :rolleyes:

I meant that after 28 pages of links to sites and videos and stats you still said "we just don't know".

Seems kinda silly eh? That much "information" shared and yet....."we just don't know" what to worry about.

:s0140:

Not scared of corona virus I see...

Well, how about the prospect of...licking an escalator railing???

No, no...how about...walking through a San Francisco homeless encampment...BAREFOOT!

No, no...how about...walking through a San Francisco homeless encampment...BAREFOOT!

Do you double dare me?

Ok ok I'll stop. :s0140:

According to NBC news, about 7500 people spread across the states (actually cooperating to report) are in "self quarantine" for 14 days, having been potentially exposed. Many states are not reporting figures.

Several concerns, the first of which is that reported cases have suggested the incubation period may be longer than 14 days. The second is that it's a voluntary quarantine and asymptomatic people may feel fine and act carelessly, while still transmitting the virus. Third concern is the hiding of information from states, which dishonestly cite "privacy concerns."

Feb. 19, 2020, 3:16 PM MST
By Erika Edwards
"Thousands of travelers who have returned to the United States after recent trips to China are spending nearly half a month behind closed doors, under voluntary self-quarantine, even though they do not pose any immediate coronavirus-related health risk to others. "

I didn't call anyone "paranoid" here. You are making assumptions.

Why am I NOT alarmed? The same reason I'm not alarmed over HIV, Influenza, Whooping Cough, SARS, measles and all the other "pandemics" that make the news from time to time. I eat right, take care of myself and I'll deal with this corona virus if and when the time comes. I like my chances, and I REFUSE to spend all my time worrying about something that is COMPLETELY out of my control.

So, no need to prepare in case of earthquake, civil disturbance, volcanic eruption or any other potential regional or national disaster - all of which are completely out of our control? I think not.

Speaking for myself, I'm not "worrying" about NoCov 2019, I'm trying to prepare against the possibility that it's as bad or worse than reports from China would indicate. Those preps are a bit broader than the normal SHTF preps, but nothing I've done is wasted in any other scenario.

I don't care if others prepare or not, but I'm taking a few steps that seem prudent just in case China knows what it's doing in trashing its economy in at least the short term while trying to stop this thing.

So, no need to prepare in case of earthquake, civil disturbance, volcanic eruption or any other potential regional or national disaster - all of which are completely out of our control? I think not.

Speaking for myself, I'm not "worrying" about NoCov 2019, I'm trying to prepare against the possibility that it's as bad or worse than reports from China would indicate. Those preps are a bit broader than the normal SHTF preps, but nothing I've done is wasted in any other scenario.

I don't care if others prepare or not, but I'm taking a few steps that seem prudent just in case China knows what it's doing in trashing its economy in at least the short term while trying to stop this thing.

I guess I figure when it's my time it's my time.

Nothing at all wrong with prepping. :)

Thank you! Exactly. Information is important for decision making. My preps are broad and general, and I plused them up recently. I've also taken some financial defensive measures to protect against a possibly crashing market for the near term. Prudent IMO.

If this blows over, I have extra preps I'll use anyway. If this goes south I'm not going to be fighting over canned foods at Albertsons.:D

No thank you.

I'll take my chances back in afghaniland again.

Lots of posts since I last checked this thread yesterday... too many to quote all those that I'd like to respond to.

It seems about every 2 pages in this thread someone says something about how chicken little everyone is, and we're all a bunch of worrying, hand wringing old women if we have any level of concern about this virus.

Their comments usually revolve around things that have already been discussed, which means they haven't read the thread, just want to interject their opinion and move on - fine by me, but amusing still. Then the next 1-2 pages is everyone bickering back and forth until it settles down. Oh well, lively conversation I suppose. :rolleyes:

For me, I don't see 28 pages of doom and gloom - minus the Alex Jones bull - and I also skip over the other posts about if this is man-made or not... it doesn't matter to me, but if people want to speculate on it that's great.

I like to read this for the news aspect, there is some good articles and videos posted here that I would otherwise not see that help keep me informed.

I'm not worried about myself at all, when my time to go is here I'm fine with that, and I have life insurance so my family would be financially OK without me.

What concerns me is I have a pregnant wife with preeclampsia setting in, and a 5 year old son who is a cancer survivor and has a compromised respiratory system as a result. I also have a very elderly Grandfather I help take care of.

Basically, there are people who depend on me and I want to do my best to meet their needs. That means I need to pay attention.

The biggest problem with this virus isn't how bad it is by itself, but it appears to cause pneumonia in around 18% of cases. If it takes hold here in a big way even our excellent USA medical facilities will be overwhelmed by that.

And the panic that would take hold would be worse and cause more problems than the virus itself.

That gives me enough pause to do some preparing, and keep tabs on the news, because the people I currently provide for would most likely have a high probability of developing pneumonia if they were infected. I also want to make sure they have food if it becomes temporary unavailable.

I really don't understand those that feel the need to belittle others on here for their concern. You aren't in their shoes and you can't expect everyone else's life to mirror yours.

Last Edited:
Go watch the interview.
I have watched the interview and read both papers, as well as reviews of those papers. There is no smoking gun. Boyle takes half a sentence out of context to imply some sort of malicious intent. He makes numerous false and inflammatory statements about individuals, various laboratories, and the nature of the research. He displays complete ignorance of standard virological methods, or is deliberately misrepresenting them. The abstract you quote in post 538 doesn't say what you think it says. I'm not going to go through the science point by point, but suffice it to say Boyle's claims are bunk.

In Boyle's own words, "They are still attacking me for being a conspiracy theorist, fake news, and I'm a nut case and a nut job and everything else...I've been completely censored out of all mainstream news media here in the United States." For good reason.

Lots of posts since I last checked this thread yesterday... too many to quote all those that I'd like to respond to.

It seems about every 2 pages in this thread someone says something about how chicken little everyone is, and we're all a bunch of worrying, hand wringing old women if we have any level of concern about this virus.

Their comments usually revolve around things that have already been discussed, which means they haven't read the thread, just want to interject their opinion and move on - fine by me, but amusing still. Then the next 1-2 pages is everyone bickering back and forth until it settles down. Oh well, lively conversation I suppose. :rolleyes:

For me, I don't see 28 pages of doom and gloom - minus the Alex Jones bull - and I also skip over the other posts about if this is man-made or not... it doesn't matter to me, but if people want to speculate on it that's great.

I like to read this for the news aspect, there is some good articles and videos posted here that I would otherwise not see that help keep me informed.

I'm not worried about myself at all, when my time to go is here I'm fine with that, and I have life insurance so my family would be financially OK without me.

What concerns me is I have a pregnant wife with preeclampsia setting in, and a 5 year old son who is a cancer survivor and has a compromised respiratory system as a result. I also have a very elderly Grandfather I help take care of.

Basically, there are people who depend on me and I want to do my best to meet their needs. That means I need to pay attention.

The biggest problem with this virus isn't how bad it is by itself, but it appears to cause pneumonia in around 18% of cases. If it takes hold here in a big way even our excellent USA medical facilities will be overwhelmed by that.

And the panic that would take hold would be worse and cause more problems than the virus itself.

That gives me enough pause to do some preparing, and keep tabs on the news, because the people I currently provide for would most likely have a high probability of developing pneumonia if they were infected. I also want to make sure they have food if it becomes temporary unavailable.

I really don't understand those that feel the need to belittle others on here for their concern. You aren't in their shoes and you can't expect everyone else's life to mirror yours.

I am right there with you on the panic causing more issues than the virus itself - unless it hits extremes or mutates (not 100% if it can mutate) etc.

Also the economic impact from tons of sick not going to work or assisting in other daily roles to society. That thought of our hospitals being overwhelmed is a legit concern (confirmed or people paranoid they might have it) for me more than people dying from this. Not like its something like Ebola where you are on a timer once you get it.
Hope the best for you as a care taker and keeping track. I glimpse the thread over time as a quick way to get spoon fed news updates on rates and locations to confirmation. My work put out a warning email about this maybe 2 weeks ago I want to say.

See post 537. I don't see it "taken out of context." If we believe this 5 year old publication, COVID19 was man made or man cultured.
I didn't read the whole article, but I only saw it named as SARS-Coronavirus in the little bit I read.

How does one know it's the same strain as this current virus with the newer COVID-19 name?

Well reasoned response and I concur.

Well said and point taken.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top