JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I saw his interview weeks ago. I agree with Dr. Boyle. Everyone needs to watch this!

Doctor Boyle gives an updated interview to Alex Jones. Dr. Boyle previously hinted this was probably a bio-weapon. Now he has elaborated and is certain it is. A interesting 1 hour interview.

Republican Senator Tom Cotton has strongly suggested as much.

I've believed this for a few weeks now. Scary stuff folks.
I can't jump on the bioweapon bandwagon just yet. Boyle's expertise and credentials are in the field of international relations, not medicine or microbiology. Alex Jones? If that's the only interview Boyle can get it kind of speaks for itself.

Wuhan Institute of Virology is not a bioweapons lab. It is a research facility. Not every level 4 containment facility is a bioweapons lab. The BSL-4 lab at Wuhan was only recently established (2015). The staff is relatively inexperienced in this kind of work. It is far more likely that through accident or negligence there was a release of infective material from a pathogen research program.

There was a recent report in The Daily Mail indicating that the Chinese have themselves said this is probably the case.

I'd also add, how does where it came from in any way inform us on how to deal with it? It's mostly prurient interest - sort of like following the Kardashians - doesn't inform, but it amuses. I don't need amusement, I need information.

Knowing whether it is a natural virus versus a man made perfected virus is a important fact, for risk assessment. At least in my eyes it is. And the reasons should be evident. This virus, so far, seems to check all the blocks. And the massive effort by China and other nations to contain it are a clue that this is far more serious than simply a different flu strain. You're welcome to disagree but if you don't EDUCATE yourself by watching an informative interview, this discussion is mooted to a great deal.

Dr. Boyle has given another interview to a no-name person if that comforts you any. He states essentially the same information. I disagree with Dr. Boyle on a lot of things, but his factual presentation is quite convincing on this matter.

And Senator Tom Cotton has taken a position of extreme interest in the origins of the virus.

I can't jump on the bioweapon bandwagon just yet. Boyle's expertise and credentials are in the field of international relations, not medicine or microbiology. Alex Jones? If that's the only interview Boyle can get it kind of speaks for itself.

Wuhan Institute of Virology is not a bioweapons lab. It is a research facility. Not every level 4 containment facility is a bioweapons lab. The BSL-4 lab at Wuhan was only recently established (2015). The staff is relatively inexperienced in this kind of work. It is far more likely that through accident or negligence there was a release of infective material from a pathogen research program.

There was a recent report in The Daily Mail indicating that the Chinese have themselves said this is probably the case.

Well, first, his credentials are related to this field. Among other things, per Wikipedia, "He on the Advisory Board for the Council for Responsible Genetics. He drafted the US domestic implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, that was approved unanimously by both Houses of the US Congress and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush."

So I assume he's not a dunderhead on the topic of biological warfare and weapons. And he almost certainly is more qualified on this topic than the collective of this entire forum, given he's been doing this for some 30 years or more.

Secondly, in that AJ interview, if I understand it correctly, he cites IIRC a 2010 published paper on the procedures and process for much of what he basis his opinion. Found here: (PDF) Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) proteins of different bat species confer variable susceptibility to SARS-CoV entry

Knowing whether it is a natural virus versus a man made perfected virus is a important fact, for risk assessment. At least in my eyes it is. And the reasons should be evident. This virus, so far, seems to check all the blocks. And the massive effort by China and other nations to contain it are a clue that this is far more serious than simply a different flu strain. You're welcome to disagree but if you don't EDUCATE yourself by watching an informative interview, this discussion is mooted to a great deal.

Dr. Boyle has given another interview to a no-name person if that comforts you any. He states essentially the same information. I disagree with Dr. Boyle on a lot of things, but his factual presentation is quite convincing on this matter.

And Senator Tom Cotton has taken a position of extreme interest in the origins of the virus.

So "Dr." Boyle has fallen down the media food chain and has given an interview to someone not as "prestigious" as Alex Jones? Wow.

And if Tom Cotton is interested, well then, it must be utter BS. Talk about an empty suit!

Thanks, I'll rely on actual data (as hard as that is to come by) and actionable information rather than "where did it come from" speculation which provides no useful info. As befoe YMMV.

This paper is about research to identify the natural host of SARS. I see nothing sinister about it.
My apologies if I linked to the wrong paper. Not clear which of the several PDFs the Doctor was citing. Was a little hard to follow due to AJ's constant interruptions and not asking clear questions. Go watch the interview.

The objective questions to ask yourself...

How bad will it get on this continent? For me it is irrelevant if the virus just happened, was an accident out of a bio-lab, or was intentionally used as a weapon. The virus has arrived on multiple continents. I think we'll know by the end of March if this is 'meh' or a monster.

When should one increase preparations? I've already acquired some N95 masks and nitrile gloves. If the number of infected starts to exponentially increase in March then I will acquire more food and other items. I assume various supply chains will break down.

Stay on target.gif

Spokane's SHMC to get five patients.

SPOKANE, Wash. — Five patients who have tested positive for coronavirus are being transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center for treatment, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said on Wednesday.

Providence will work with the CDC and other departments to care for the patients while they are under isolation.

In a release, HHS said Providence is one of 10 hospitals in the country with secured airborne infection isolation rooms. For that reason, the hospital was chosen to take the patients.

Here's the article UNC Chapel Hill about the creation of this thing...
SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronavirus pose threat for human emergence

one of the principal researchers -
Zhengli-Li Shi
8Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China

Find articles by Zhengli-Li Shi

Thank you for locating this!

This appears to be the abstract that supports that COVID19 is a man made or man cultured virus. This appears to be what Dr. Boyle was referencing in his interview with Alex Jones.

Dr. Boyle explained how this was engineered, seemingly at a biolab in South Carolina, and sold or smuggled to the Chinese to work on in their labs, in Wuhan.

Here's the published paper, from 2015.

"Abstract:
The emergence of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)-CoV underscores the threat of cross-species transmission events leading to outbreaks in humans. In this study, we examine the disease potential for SARS-like CoVs currently circulating in Chinese horseshoe bat populations. Utilizing the SARS-CoV infectious clone, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbone.

The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild type backbone can efficiently utilize multiple ACE2 receptor orthologs, replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells, and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from CoVs utilizing the novel spike protein.

Importantly, based on these findings, we synthetically rederived an infectious full length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Together, the work highlights a continued risk of SARS-CoV reemergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations."

For ME, it's important to know if this is a natural virus or a cultured perfected bioweapon. The reasons seem obvious. But a cultured virus designed to attack, spread, and kill is far more worrisome.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR