JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Pulled this from a site where the medical staff at Wuhan have been able to message....

Fluent speaker, will do my best to translate. If all of the pictures and videos circulating on social media are true, (have contacts in mainland that saw even small third tier city had suspected case, emergency personnel in hazmat suit putting patient in ambulance )this is a massive cover up and a humanitarian crisis on an extreme scale... the world needs to know what's really going on to help the affected innocent citizens.

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

Current status of our medical staffs: afraid of changing protective clothings, from noon to 9PM, everyone is scared of eating, drinking, or use the bathroom in fear of taking off protective gears, everyone is wearing their last set of protective gear, resources are very scarce and almost depleted! Medical personnel are protecting Wuhan! Whom will protect the medical personnel!

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

We are on the verge of collapsing, outpatient department filled with patients, some kneeled down on the floor and begging us to save them, but right now there is no special medication to treat this virus, individual can only survive with fighting with his/her own immune system, our protective gears have been completed depleted, protective cloth, face mask, hat, glove, full face mask, goggle have all been depleted.

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

Hospital has no high up in charge, not enough medical supplies, haven't eaten all day, many people died and no one is collecting/removing corpses, no internet nor call signal, any doctors tried to quit will have medical license revoked, what kind of bubbleguming human would do this!(implying doctor would lose license as punishment I think?) Right now, my wife, sister, and coworkers are all at the verge of collapsing/giving up/don't know what to do, only doctors allowed going home for Chinese New Year are emergency room doctors, Fifth municipal hospital of Wuhan! Understand that everyone is celebrating Chinese New Year, don't want to bother you all, but, this situation matters to every one, we don't need people's encouragement/condolences, we need the whole country to know what's really going on in Wuhan!

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

To all fighting colleagues, the current social order in Wuhan is on the verge of collapsing, some infected patients have started attacking hospital staffs in desperation, if anyone has any way to informed/contact higher up, my suggestion is to send in military to maintain hospital and social orders.

Please help

I will take responsibility for the information I am sharing.

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

I am begging everyone to please help citizens of Wuhan! I am a nurse, my husband has been infected, what has been reported by news is completely different from what's really happening!!! My husband has had fever for 8 days without improvement, CT scan is showing noticeable infection of lungs! In the past 8 days, I've tried every possible connections I have across all Wuhan hospitals' colleagues, but no one will admit my husband! Higher up informed all doctors to deny acceptance of patient into hospital! Denied testing for the virus! Denied confirmation of patients whom have been infected! And asked all medical staffs to sign Non-disclosure Agreement! I have suffered massive emotional drain in the past 8 days. Hospital won't admit husband and too afraid to go home, going from hospital to hospital in hope anyone would admit my husband! No one would admit that he's infected with the virus! I am almost on the verge of giving up myself, fear that I won't be able to handle it any longer! Going from hospital to hospital, no open bed, medical staffs overworked and still not enough, finally was able to get into emergency department, but there is no bed/available staff or beds! Still more patients are being transported in, sick or not sick all congregated at the same place, everyone will be infected, if this continue, everyone will die!!!!

[link to na.cx (secure)]

Translation:

Wuhan cronoavirus# my aunt's was placed on a bed in Hankou hospital since yesterday noon, hospital is not letting anyone into the hospital morgue, relatives have to contact funeral services and disinfect themselves.
After passing last night at 1030PM, we've contacted funeral services, it is 1PM today and they still have not came to transport her body, because there is only one available that's going around the whole city collecting the deceased!! Because this is the only one that has the capacity to disinfect !! Yesterday alone transported 50 corpses !! Going from hospital to hospital to collect bodies!! My heart is so broken, infected collapses and died and there is no one removing them, hospital refusing to let anyone into the morgue, when can we give them a proper burial. I am really scared myself too, dead bodies just left on beds, temperature inside the hospital is high, more people will be infected, this situation is definitely not just my aunt's family, hospital is the biggest infected place!!!!!! Us little citizens are the most pitiful, no body will take us in, and have no idea what to do!!!!!

Reply to op from someone below: Just received news that my aunt jumped off a building and killed herself, just happened now. She contracted the coronavirus, but no hospital would admit her because there's no bed, just prescribed her some medications and come back to check later, but she's having serve breathing problem..........

Will translate videos when I get home later.

I am not trying to spread misinformation, I merely translated these, so make your own judgement...given I have people I care about residing in China, I have to look at this as the worst case scenario and prepared them the best I can whether these information circulating social media are true or hysteria or fake. If anyone want proof, I can upload face masks receipt purchased last few days (~200) as well as postal office receipt showing they are enroute to China.

Just my two cents and hope more people can see the truth for themselves and help the poor souls infected and unaware of the situation in China.

Sorry about the long post.

God speed to everyone dealing with this unfortunate event....
Twitter is actively deleting posts now. You can see it in real time.

Thanks. You have quickly become my go to source for reliable information.

The first true independant (not china) Clinical Features Analysis and report from those who have actually died or been hospitalised from it, from the very prestigious Lancet Journal of Medicine shows some very interesting Info that is NOT being observed or reported.

Firstly forget the Meme it is the very sick and old who are mainly dying. Not statistically correct. The Median Age is late 40's

Secondly, it is very it seems partial to infecting placing in ICU a LOT more Men than women in all of its parameters, ie if comorbidity is present, age factors etc.

AT TIME OF DATA ANALYSIS:

All patients
Male = 30 (73%)
Female = 11 (27%)

ICU Care
Male = 11 (85%)
Female = 2 (15%)

NON ICU Care
Male = 19 (68%)
Female = 9 (32%)

Any Cormorbidity (ie others underlying health conditions)

Male & Female = 13 (32%)

Of interest is the following on how the disease progresses

"The median duration from illness onset to dyspnoea was 8·0 days (IQR 5·0–13·0). The median time from onset of symptoms to first hospital admission was 7·0 days (4·0–8·0), to shortness of breath was 8·0 days (5·0–13·0), to ARDS was 9·0 days (8·0–14·0), to mechanical ventilation was 10·5 days (7·0–14·0), and to ICU admission was 10·5 days"

[link to www.thelancet.com (secure)]

So 11 days or so, after bad symptoms those who are very sick with it, are in ICU on a ventilator or they will die.

Enough ICU? respirators in quarantined wards plus regular trauma and ICU after accidents and operations in your local area in the developed world, to take you in with Pnuemonia?

I was just informed multiple employees from my company came back from China last week, and 4 people at our china facility are quarentined. Might spread here quick.

You guys, the best bet to avoid this is to physically avoid others... Cover eyes and nose and mouth (glasses and facemask, gloves or hand sanitizer.)

If you must go into public, make your visits very brief and avoid touching your eyes, nose mouth until you have had a chance to thoroughly wash up and disinfect. Take your public clothes and soak them in an antiseptic wash before laundering.

Do your best to eat nutritious foods, and get plenty of sleep so that your system is fit for fighting off bugs.

You guys, the best bet to avoid this is to physically avoid others... Cover eyes and nose and mouth (glasses and facemask, gloves or hand sanitizer.)

If you must go into public, make your visits very brief and avoid touching your eyes, nose mouth until you have had a chance to thoroughly wash up and disinfect. Take your public clothes and soak them in an antiseptic wash before laundering.

Do your best to eat nutritious foods, and get plenty of sleep so that your system is fit for fighting off bugs.

Reasonable tips, however we will continue with what we currently do for laundry:

Lysol laundry for colored.

Bleach for whites.

Nothing more necessary. No need for a separate pre-soak. It's not a hardy (encapsulated) virus.

Reasonable tips, however we will continue with what we currently do for laundry:

Lysol laundry for colored.

Bleach for whites.

Nothing more necessary. No need for a separate pre-soak. It's not a hardy (encapsulated) virus.

We have to launder by hand here, and air dry.

[link to microchemlab.com (secure)]

"Having previously crossed species from bats to become endemic in humans (7), coronaviruses 229E and OC43 are spread from person-to-person by way of contaminated aerosols. However, the potential for transmission from contaminated fomites remains of concern as demonstrated by the continued viability of strain 229E more than three hours after drying onto porous and non-porous materials, including aluminum and sterile sponges; strain OC43 remained infectious up to one hour after drying on the same surfaces (11)."

and note:

"Although SARS-CoV appears to be more environmentally resistant relative to the respiratory coronaviruses, its enveloped structure is still vulnerable to a wide range of disinfectants. Suspension evaluations of propanol (100% and 70%) and ethanol (78%) demonstrated reduction of SARS-CoV to levels below detection in 30 seconds; 60 seconds were required for wine vinegar and 120 seconds for formaldehyde (0.7% and 1%) and 0.5% glutardialdehyde (8). Povidone-iodine (PVP-I) products, quaternary ammonium compounds, free chlorine, and catalytic oxidation via Ag/Al2O3 and Cu/Al2O3 active surfaces have also been proven to completely inactivate SARS-CoV (2, 3, 9, 12).a"

That's for Sars Coronavirus which I think I saw somewhere that this new one is similar to Sars? Anyway...I found that when searching for 'protocol disinfect coronavirus.'

This bears repeating. Thank you for posting.

I want to note that the virus will stay viable up to three hours on horse services, that's cloth paper things that you wouldn't expect to be infectious.

the coronavirus is a 3.8!

How bad is that reproductive R-0 value?

It is catastrophic pandemic level bad never seen an actual virality coefficient outside of Twitter in my entire career. I'm not exaggerating... #WuhanCoronovirus

"We estimate the basic reproduction number of the infection (R_0) to be 3.8 (95% confidence interval, 3.6-4.0), indicating that 72-75% of transmissions must be prevented by control measures for infections to stop increasing...

We estimate that only 5.1% (95%CI, 4.8-5.5) of infections in Wuhan are identified, and by 21 January a total of 11,341 people (prediction interval, 9,217-14,245) had been infected in Wuhan since the start of the year. Should the epidemic continue unabated in Wuhan

we predict the epidemic in Wuhan will be substantially larger by 4 February (191,529 infections; prediction interval, 132,751-273,649), infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent. Our model suggests that..

travel restrictions from and to Wuhan city are unlikely to be effective in halting transmission across China; with a 99% effective reduction in travel, the size of the epidemic outside of Wuhan may only be reduced by 24.9% on 4 February. Our findings are. .

..critically dependent on the assumptions underpinning our model, and the timing and reporting of confirmed cases, and there is considerable uncertainty associated with the outbreak at this early stage. With these caveats in mind, our work suggests that...

a basic reproductive number for this 2019-nCoV outbreak is higher compared to other emergent coronaviruses, suggesting that containment or control of this pathogen may be substantially more difficult."!!!! #wuhanvirus #CoronavirusOutbreak #ChinaCoronaVirus ...

.. SUMMARY: so what does this mean for the world?

We are now faced with the most virulent virus epidemic the world has ever seen. An R0=3.8 means that it exceeds SARS's modest 0.49 viral attack rate by 7.75x — almost 8 fold!

A virus that spreads 8 faster than SARS...

cannot be stopped by containment alone. A 99% quarantine lockdown containment of Wuhan will not even reduce the epidemic's spread by even 1/3rd in the next 2 weeks. Thus, I really hate to be the epidemiologist who has to admit this, but we are potentially faced with possibly an unchecked pandemic that the world has not seen since the 1918 Spanish Influenza. Let's hope it doesn't reach that level but we now live in the modern world.

• Emergency Ban (7 Days)
I have been researching this latest virus and came across this: aspirin was discovered to be the cause of the cytokine storm that killed a lot of people who had Spanish Flu, and ibuprofen is, like aspirin, an NSAID. Acetaminophen (Tylenol), on the other hand, is not, which is why, while ibuprofen and naproxen are not aspirin, they're close enough that I would just use Tylenol to be safe.

If this is anything like the Spanish flu, then Lay off the NSAIDs if you get sick. If you are infected and take them, you may invoke a cytokine storm. If you do that, then you automatically Go to Jail, and you don't get to collect your $200.

The thing that really stands out is that this affects men much more than women, and of them, not the elderly or newborn, but healthy men.

Last Edited:
Aspirin or similar NSAIDs inhibits the action of COX-2 to produce proinflammatory prostaglandins. Thus there are more antiinflammatory prostaglandins produced.

This along with turmeric/curcumin and the EPA and DHA superunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids blocks a cytokine storm that in healthy young individuals with a strong immune system could prove to be deadly.

NSAIDs should not be used by children because of the risk of developing Reye's Syndrome. NSAIDs should not be taken by pregnant women. Talk to your doctor og pharmacist and/or read the leaflet and/or warnings on the package. Should not be used by persons with a weak immune system. Should not be used on the onset of Influenza Like Illness but only when properly diagnosed with an actual cytokin storm. If taken to early these substances may promote the spreading of the virus in your body.

This isn't Rocket Surgery.

WSJ news alert:

The U.S. government is arranging a charter flight Sunday to evacuate its citizens and diplomats from the epidemic-stricken Chinese city of Wuhan to the U.S., a person familiar with the operation said.

The operation comes as the death toll from a newly identified coronavirus that originated in Wuhan climbs above 40 and the number of confirmed infections tops 1,200, with many of the cases in and around the central Chinese city of 11 million people.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads