JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have now signed up for dozens of notifications for different items at every retailer I can think of, from Northwest Armory to PSA to Aim Surplus, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bud's Gun Shop, Gander Mountain, etc., and I have never been notified.

Has anyone had any luck buying a hard to find gun this way?

The only people who have ever notified me of stock on something is SGammo.com.

If it's a more legit e-commerce set up, then your email address gets stored in the shop's database linked to the product. When inventory is added, emails are sent out to that list automatically.

You'll get your email just like everyone else keeping an eye out and will need to be Johnny-on-the-spot.

If it's a half-assed janky website, then your form submission goes to the business for a manual notification when the product comes in. Don't expect to be emailed by these types of businesses. Small biz is, usually, short staffed and over worked...so if the technology isn't solving this issue, then it a'int gettin' solved.

Like you, I'm waiting on some things...which is all we really can do right now. If you're handy with Python, you can also script up a website checker to go search your common sites for inventory for you.

Yes. I was able to buy two pistols because of them. Both through Grabagun. Got one recently for a rifle I wanted to buy. it was in stock for a few days, then went back out of stock.

Yeah, l have been getting daily ads for things l did not request, when ln get sick of it, l report as spam, problem solved. So my experience its mostly a waste of time. I did find a notification from midwayusa that they had Varget, but they didn't send and email and I only saw the notification a couple months later when I logged into my account to buy something else. Creedmore sports, Classic Arms, and now Natchez are the worst offenders. They will send you multiple spams a day.

Last Edited:
I am signed up for multiple firearm and ammo availabilities. I see the items become available thru their normal ads, but I am not receiving any pre-public notifications. I buy heavily thru Target Sports, and thru Bud's. I even pay extra to be a Team Bud's member, but I still receive no notifications before I see the items advertised to the public.

I am signed up for multiple firearm and ammo availabilities. I see the items become available thru their normal ads, but I am not receiving any pre-public notifications. I buy heavily thru Target Sports, and thru Bud's. I even pay extra to be a Team Bud's member, but I still receive no notifications before I see the items advertised to the public.
^^This has been my experience too. I will get the usual mass email, which sometimes includes items from my list (along with 20 other items I don't want). But I almost never receive emails specific to my wish/notify list(s) addressed to me. This is true for big and small retailers alike.

If they're selling our email addresses to spammers the least they can do is give us the heads up on the items we want, like they purport to do.

I suppose since they sell their items within minutes of offering them to the public, there's no incentive for them to do any favors to their "members". Very recently, when an item became available thru their (TargetSports) online ad, I put the item in my cart, as is the only option, and as soon as I went to the cart to click "buy now", the item was already sold. In this environment, you've gotta click fast.

I was hunting a standard stock for a Benelli M4. Nothing. Midwest Gunworks had it listed - but out of stock. They had the, "Email me when in stock" link - so I did. About 3 months later I get an email - lo and behold - in stock. Got up to grab some coffee and a snack, sit down 10 minutes later and they're out already. Signed up again - 2 months goes by, this time I'm sitting here. See email - go directly with card in hand to link - out again.
Third time was the charm. Again, about 2 months - see the email immediately as it came in and jumped quick. Probably the only way I was ever going to find one these days. :(

Last Edited:
I suppose since they sell their items within minutes of offering them to the public, there's no incentive for them to do any favors to their "members". Very recently, when an item became available thru their (TargetSports) online ad, I put the item in my cart, as is the only option, and as soon as I went to the cart to click "buy now", the item was already sold. In this environment, you've gotta click fast.
A few places (dvor for one I think) place a limited time hold on the instock item when you drop it in the cart - I'd love to see this become more common but it's a slight risk to the store to do so.

Not a firearm, but just got an email from Midway that they got 18.5" Mossberg 500 barrels in stock that I have been trying to pick up for about 3 years and I ordered one.

In the past, both Brownells and Midway have notified me of many loading components.

As an aside, while on the one hand that may seem laudable for them, and I am appreciated of the service, I bemoan them and almost all others, who refuse to remove unavailable items that they know will not be available in any respectable amount of time making a internet search for, whatever, a joke. If any item you search for is not in stock, has no chance of being available from them for months they are disingenuous to allow a search to tout them as a potential supplier and severely sours me on their customer service reputation.

While I agree with you, that members (especially paid members as in Target Sports's case) should be treated better and should get first pick on new inventory...that would require the business to do extra work that is, at this time, not necessary. The items they post will sell out in minutes or hours regardless of if they notify anyone at all.

So, the notification is either coming from their e-com system when inventory hits, and the full public is aware at the same time, or no notification goes out at all.

I bemoan them and almost all others, who refuse to remove unavailable items that they know will not be available in any respectable amount of time making a internet search for, whatever, a joke.
I do find it handy to be able to look back at old orders and then link onward to past purchase details.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top