JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like many of you, I've signed up at more than a couple of the more well known online suppliers, also did at one of my local gun stores. It was and still is the only one that's notified me when something I've been looking for is available.

• Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore
  • Sportsman's Warehouse
  • Bud's
  • Sportsman's Guide
  • KyGunCo
  • Midway
  • Brownell's
The above have been really good as far as being timely. Also as noted, the gun.deals data aggregator is generally reliable.

I have now signed up for dozens of notifications for different items at every retailer I can think of, from Northwest Armory to PSA to Aim Surplus, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bud's Gun Shop, Gander Mountain, etc., and I have never been notified.

Has anyone had any luck buying a hard to find gun this way?

The only people who have ever notified me of stock on something is SGammo.com.
Yes I have had luck with PSA, and Classic firearms both.

I have had luck with Northwest Armory's notification. I believe you had to create an account to add something to your wishlist. But I got an email when the product came back in stock a month or too later and hopped on over there and picked it up.

I know Grab-A-Gun's works. Utilized it at least twice to get the heads up on firearms not made in huge quantities, so availability is spotty. Generally, however, I don't bother.

If I remember reading correctly, a lot of e-commerce platforms only run the inventory/e-mail notification routine a couple times a day (noon and midnight, for example).

So those e-mails will only be sent when the system has the inventory in stock at those specific times. If the vendors adds 2 million cases of 9mm at 2PM, but they all sell out by 2:30PM, they wouldn't be "in stock" when midnight hits and the routine is run again.

So the bottom line is that it is till worth signing up, but with high demand items that don't remain in stock for long, you might not see the outcome (e-mail notification) you were looking for.

I have got return emails weeks or months later, by then I have usually already found what I wanted or moved on to something else that peaked my interest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top