Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Notification of EVERY reply?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by EUGENE the REALTOR, Feb 6, 2010.

1. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread and get every reply sent to you via email, instead of just the first? The Sig Forum is set up this way and I really like getting all the responses when I'm away from a computer.

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I can't get the system to stop sending me every reply. Maybe we can trade computers.

Keith

3. SlickJoeSD

SlickJoeSD Astoria, OR Member

me too, on other boards i can turn that off. I manually do it on every post i post to. :confused:

4. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

So are you guys getting the notifications with all the replies to each thread? I do get multiple notifications, but only one notification PER thread I'm subscribed to.

You can unsubscribe to each thread under the thread tools. Not sure if you can just turn all of them off.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Yes, you can subscribe and unsubscribe to every thread you post in and decide what type of notification you receive when someone replies again to that thread. However, what I have a problem is- is that you automatically subscribe to a thread the minute you reply to it!

Any way you can set a feature to shut that off Admin?

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You can change the automatic thread subscriptions by going into your User CP (upper left), then Options, then changing Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like vBulletin has the ability to send an email reply not notify you of every new post, but I can add that to my list of things to look into :thumbup:

If you don't hear back within a week, shoot me a PM.

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Thank you for at least looking into it!