JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"NOTICE TO SURRENDER AIRGUN OR ANTIQUE FIREARM PURSUANT TO SECTION 41, ARMS ACT 1983
I, Inspector Olaf Karl Jensen, a Commissioned Officer of Police, hereby give notice that in my opinion you are not a fit and proper person to be in possession of an airgun or an antique firearm. Police are currently holding the following described airguns
1x Ruger Blackhawk .177 calibre Air rifle
1x Hatsun Striker .177 calibre Air Rifle
You may within three months after the date of this Notice or such longer period as the Commissioner of Police may allow, sell or otherwise dispose of any airgun or antique firearm owned by you to a person approved for this purpose by a member of the Police.
Failing that, all airguns or antique firearms delivered to a member of the Police may be detained for such a period as the Commissioner of Police thinks fit, or may, in the discretion of the Minister of Police, become the property of the Crown, free and discharged from all right, title or interest possess in respect thereof by any person.
You may by way of origination application, appeal to a District Court Judge against this Notice. (Section 62, Arms Act 1983 refers).
My reason for this decision is as follows;
1. I do not believe you to be a fit and proper person to be in possession of an airgun.
2. Police hold serious concerns regarding your mental and emotional wellbeing.
Should you wish me to review my decision or you dispute the facts you may make written submissions or arrange an appointment with me within two weeks of the date of this notice.
Any submissions you do make must be accompanied by a letter from a medical practitioner attesting to your mental and emotional wellbeing at this time."

Why is it that anytime I hear about a "Minister of Police" or "Ministry of anything", images of Inspector Clouseau pop into my head? Europe....meh.

Why is it that anytime I hear about a "Minister of Police" or "Ministry of anything", images of Inspector Clouseau pop into my head? Europe....meh.

The OP reads like one of those scam letters asking to pay $500 for "fees" so you can receive millions left to you by an unknown oil tycoon. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top