JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Differing media opinions underscore difficulty of gun issue

Two opinions published over the past 24 hours, one at the Huffington Post and the other by the Washington Post and Oregon.Live, underscore the difficulty of pinning down a solution to the "gun gun violence problem," and KIRO radio's Dave Ross has yet another suggestion about keeping guns out of the wrong hands.

<broken link removed>

Good article; thanks Dave.

A couple thoughts; simply-saying "no" to a customer is a lawsuit waiting to happen....(the wedding cake suit).

If people were allowed to argue, they may not feel the need to go from idle to turbo-boost, docile to killing....so my position on a solution would be to not only allow, but encourage civil-discourse at the earliest ages.

Owning the preemptive right to "talk back", respond in kind, argue, disagree, or not like someone, escapes many of us, but the freedom to do-so is priceless.

The left doesn't even want people to shoot back! The left and the PC enforcers are the ones with the blown gaskets, not the law-abiding citizens.

Good article; thanks Dave.

A couple thoughts; simply-saying "no" to a customer is a lawsuit waiting to happen....(the wedding cake suit).

If people were allowed to argue, they may not feel the need to go from idle to turbo-boost, docile to killing....so my position on a solution would be to not only allow, but encourage civil-discourse at the earliest ages.

Owning the preemptive right to "talk back", respond in kind, argue, disagree, or not like someone, escapes many of us, but the freedom to do-so is priceless.

The left doesn't even want people to shoot back! The left and the PC enforcers are the ones with the blown gaskets, not the law-abiding citizens.

It's actually more dangerous to say "no" than people think.

I used to haunt rec.guns on USENET back in the day and a regular (Dave Phillips) related what happened to him. I think the archive is lost to the vagaries of the internet, but this site tells Dave's tale:

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2012/03/on-25acp-and-stopping-power.html

elsie

It's actually more dangerous to say "no" than people think.

I used to haunt rec.guns on USENET back in the day and a regular (Dave Phillips) related what happened to him. I think the archive is lost to the vagaries of the internet, but this site tells Dave's tale:

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2012/03/on-25acp-and-stopping-power.html

elsie

Agree; I've observed several shop keepers doing what they could to stall...hoping certain customers would leave. The atmosphere of the shop can do a lot; speed up the pace of sales for parts, supplies, & equipment, slow-down the pace of F/A sales.

Hats off to the shop owners for providing the products we need and/or want.

Let me ponder this a moment...

I believe there are regulations requiring bartenders to refuse service to intoxicated patrons. The establishment, owner and the bartender can all be held liable in court for serving someone who is intoxicated, especially if they are involved in an incident while under the influence.

Sounds like Dave Ross is suggesting gun dealers be held to the same standard, even though there are statutes in place to shield firearms manufacturers and dealers from exactly this game. Progressives would love nothing more than to crack that shield, allowing lawsuit after lawsuit to destroy the industry. I can hear them in court now- "Billy's Gun Store sold this high capacity black powder single shot pistol to the perpetrator when they knew or should have known he was crazy (Just for wanting a gun)".

By the way,

Nothing indicates the UCC Shooter was crazy. He was just a murdering bastard. If the authorities had captured him alive, they would be doing absolutely everything in their power to prove he was aware of what he was doing, planned it out and knew the difference between right and wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top