JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I drove over 20 miles after work today to do a gun deal. Meeting was at 5pm and I was 15 minutes early. At 5:30 I called the guy and he said he was still at work and would be there for another hour and a half, at least. I simply said forget it and hung up. It's been bothering the heck out of me wondering how a person could be so inconsiderate. This guy could have called me, but didn't even see fit to do that. This sort of behaviour is difficult for me to understand and it's a shame too because I'll always have my guard up now. Ken:angry:

If you had a scheduled appointment agreed upon by both parties and 1 doesn't show up,didn't even have the courtesy to call and save someone a trip then give them negative feedback.
While it a shame it happened,why not let others on here benefit from your bad experience and think twice about dealing with the individual.

I would be so ticked. The forum should only allow feedbacks from buyers to show up in the number count. Like Ebay. I am sure if you leave negative feedback Mr Flacko will do the same. That is flawed.

That's a bunch of crap. If something comes up and prevents me from meeting someone, provide some notification. I try to be respectful and appreciate it when others do the same.

I still haven't had anyone stand me up from this board. I'm sure it will happen eventually.

That sucks.... I guess I have been pretty lucky because no one has ever done that to me. I don't drive so I make it clear to the buyer. I wouldn't get too worked up.... a lot of people are dumb and low class so you can't really fix stupid. It would be nice to have a FBI or CIA family member or friend who could help you track the idiot down ahahahahah jk.

hmmm life is tough and then you die ... don't sweat the small stuff, you will live longer. Simply do not do business with the bloke again.

Yeah this is true.
I drive but I quit driving very far for any deals.Just for this reason. Unless there is something or some place close by that will entertain me before or after,so it isn't a loss trip.I've been in a store shopping when the people wonder where I am.

I'm an hour from Silverdale , 1.5hrs to the ferries,and 2hrs to either Tacoma or the east side of the ferries.So if you won't come across there's no deal. Or I may decide I need to go to the other side of the water for some other reason too

I met nubus in Shelton,he's in Oly.But heck I got to drive down the Hood Canal,and that's never a bad thing.

Just have to make the meetings near something you like to see or do.then nothing is lost.

Mr. Bowfreak now has another negative feedback and I'd like to see him get the boot from this great site. I understand it's my word against his, but I still have a Sig for sale. Thanks for the positive replies. Ken

My boss charges a small fortune for my time, I charge him over half of that fortune for my time... and I treat/respect everyone elses' time like its worth gold as well. Every deal I have done through this board (and a few others) has gone without a hitch.

I'm an absolute stickler for showing up on time, which in my world means 5-10 minutes BEFORE the appointed time, and the one time I got hung up and worried about being late I called to say I might be 10 mins. late, but wound up being there right on time anyway.

Respect for others and their time is paramount. :s0155:

Personally I've been on both sides of this argument so decided to do nothing but state that fact and this... I think common courtesy has become almost like the dinosaur yet so has common sense. As I stated, being have been on both sides of this argument I understand what you're saying period! No matter if it's the one making the complaint or the one making the excuse! Either way we need to start looking at ourselves and thinking what would I want done, then applying that always to whom we are deciding (whether we believe so or not since the internet seems to take away the reality of what we are doing these days) to deal with as they too are people not just a screen! (I.E. People, wife, friends, girlfriend, nieghbors, etc.) So we need to remember the cause and affect factor of what we do as well as if we would want that done to us! Just my .02 cents sorry to rant and rave and push beliefs. ;) :)

I've had problems meeting up with someone before, but the telephone works wonders...letting the other party know what is going on is a great idea. Sometimes things happen that delay one/both parties. That is life. Not being considerate enough to make a phone call is...well, hard to understand...

I drove over 20 miles after work today to do a gun deal. Meeting was at 5pm and I was 15 minutes early. At 5:30 I called the guy and he said he was still at work and would be there for another hour and a half, at least. I simply said forget it and hung up. It's been bothering the heck out of me wondering how a person could be so inconsiderate. This guy could have called me, but didn't even see fit to do that. This sort of behaviour is difficult for me to understand and it's a shame too because I'll always have my guard up now. Ken:angry:

You have some maturing to do if rude, inconsiderate behavior throws you into a state of shock and disbelief. I don't think this rises to anywhere near the "Nothing surprises me anymore" level or that this event should tip any adult into the "gee, I'll always need to have my guard up now" status.

People generally behave boorishly and are self-centered. We should value and appreciate people who don't and aren't. And you ALWAYS need to be on your guard around anyone you don't know and some you do know.

I think it was walk gently and carry a big stick.

I've dealt with a lot of nice people on here but what gets me more than the flakes are seller who flake on me. We would agree on a place and time to meet and they're not there. I still want the item but when i send them a pm asking why they didn't show up is when the trouble start. I get the "we didn't agree on anything" or "the item is no longer for sale". Why can't i just get, preferably before hand, "sorry i don't want to sell it". It's so hard for people just to be honest and not waste time.

You have some maturing to do if rude, inconsiderate behavior throws you into a state of shock and disbelief. I don't think this rises to anywhere near the "Nothing surprises me anymore" level or that this event should tip any adult into the "gee, I'll always need to have my guard up now" status.

People generally behave boorishly and are self-centered. We should value and appreciate people who don't and aren't. And you ALWAYS need to be on your guard around anyone you don't know and some you do know.

Maybe you are talking about folks you know. The gun people that I have dealt with are 99.9% honest good people. I expect better of people and if anyone is immature it's the jackwagon who's word is no good and those who call that sort of behavior the norm. Ken

Maybe you are talking about folks you know. The gun people that I have dealt with are 99.9% honest good people. I expect better of people and if anyone is immature it's the jackwagon who's word is no good and those who call that sort of behavior the norm. Ken

I agree that gun people tend to be somewhat better to deal with and more honest than the general population. I suspect that most local/regional hobby groups where members are likely to meet face to face behave a little better than those who know they will never face those they deal with. I have noticed the same enhanced positive behavior among ham radio operators. However, those pesky .1 percenters you acknowledge sure seem to keep a lot of people stirred up, disappointed, and angry on this site.

As to people in general, this "jackwagon's" experience and perspective differs from yours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top