JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Should be a huge pot of crow for Jackson, Sharpton, and the jump the gun liberal news media to consume when all the facts are out. But the silence will be deafening.

I don't really need an excuse for being liberal. I have my stances and beliefs, which I'm sure differ from most everyone else on here. However, I disagree with a good amount of far left views as well. Plus, I don't see a post from you in "Show your guns", and either way I think I'd need to blast some rounds before the real "cool winner" is determinable. This is, unfortunately, not really the point of this thread.

I agree that media on both sides are skewing information, that's the media for ya, including "Martin is a poor black kid who got shot by white Zimmerman." And I'd bet all I own if Martin was white the headline would be "White Suburban Child Shot Dead By Hispanic Ex-Con."

Were Martin white, this case never would have left the local media. As far as my guns being cooler than yours, that was made in jest(though I own each gun you listed and countless more. So there). I don't "show my guns" because I am admittedly too dumb to post photos on this site. Also, I don't care what others think of my guns(I only care that they are cooler than yours;)). As a Conservative living in the town of Liberal's, I completely understand and even agree with your stance that you do not need an excuse to be a liberal, the same as I should not have to defend my leaning to the right. Which, by the way I am forced to do often. I would like to use the cliche' of "fiscally conservative, socially liberal", for it matters not to me who you sleep with or the drugs you ingest. I do, however, have a stake in the fiscal part of my political surroundings. I very much lean to the right on that. The lines are blurred anyway. Your "liberal values" and my "conservative values" mean a lot to you and I, but the R's and D's we vote for continuously cheat and steal all the same. My point really is that the actions of two private citizen's, neither of which are white, has turned this into a black vs. white thing and we all really need to get over that. Kip

I'd be willing to be the test subject. Only 138 though. :/

LOL. Well, they say 'the fight in the dog'. I am 238 and not a push over. Also not the bully type, so you'd have find a way to be a threat. Break a bottle over my head. haha

Manny Pacquio is about 138 isn't he? I wouldn't want to fight him under boxing rules in a ring that is for sure. In a locked phone booth is another story. Wait, I like that guy. Make that Mayweather.

Every situation and person is different; heart and reason/motivation are very large parts of it. As far as this 140lb Trayvon kid, I see no physical threat there whatsoever, barring a knife or other weapon. He'd have to punch/kick at me for ten minutes before I'd grow tired of him and swat him down like a fly. No way did he pin down that Zimmerman guy in a helpless, flat on his back position unless he slipped, hit his head and was knocked out cold beforehand. Then he woke to seeing Pee Wee on top of him man-whore bi+ch slapping him. (oh brother, really, 'w.h.o.r.e.' is this kindergarten?)

Since this topic has become slightly hijacked by Trayvon Martin discussion, including Zimmermans justification in defending himself since Martin was allegedly attacking him, I'll put this in here.

Trayvon Martin aftermath video casts doubt on George Zimmerman's account | World news | guardian.co.uk

Nonsense. We know EMTs tended to Zimmerman on the scene. The police report lists ZImmermans wounds and condition of his clothing. Wet with grass on the back. Oh and if he had no wound on his head, what is this guy looking at? zim-1.jpg

zim-1.jpg

I'm not saying that he wasn't involved in any sort of scuffle, the fact that a fight went down is something I think everyone agrees on. I think the main point is his main line of defense is that Martin was the aggressor by coming up and punching him in the nose, breaking it. That is clearly false from this video. If he had a back wet with grass it could have been a simple shove Martin delivered as Zimmerman approached him, which I don't feel would be grounds for using deadly force.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure every police report is 100% accurate, but that's beyond the point.

I think the main point is his main line of defense is that Martin was the aggressor by coming up and punching him in the nose, breaking it. That is clearly false from this video. If he had a back wet with grass it could have been a simple shove Martin delivered as Zimmerman approached him, which I don't feel would be grounds for using deadly force.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure every police report is 100% accurate, but that's beyond the point.

Excuse me Dr., that is certainly NOT false from this video. Regardless, the state of Zimmerman's schnozzolla is completely irrelevant to him using deadly force in a situation he had reasonable certainty his life was in danger. Whether Martin wiped it, picked it, or punched it, it matters not a whit. He had enough blood flowing from his nose it was worthy of notation, and that is the bottom line.

Regarding the loose grass and wet back. The grass is indicative of aggressive movement, being shoved around from above. He didn't just fall from a "shove".

Your earlier point of when Zimmerman came into contact with Martin really is the meat of the issue. At this point there is no reason to dispute Zimmerman's version because all subsequent known facts substantiate it. From the police recordings it appears he did break off his pursuit because the wind noise on his phone mouthpiece stops after being told "we don't need you to do that".
Why Martin did not simply run 'home' once he was out of sight is quite odd, that is, if he was really in fear.

So did he return to attack Zimmerman, or did Zimmerman happen upon him by dumb luck?

The result of them meeting up again was Martin on top, and Zimmerman on his back screaming for help. Given the fact Zimmerman had undergone a 4 month law enforcement program with the Sherriff's and he wanted to be a cop. I'm inclined to believe any restraint was from his side, rather than the now known on-line persona of thug wanna-be Martin. That training is probably why his Kel Tec stayed in the holster as long as it did.

The Black Panthers have put a bounty on Zimmerman's head. Does anyone believe that Holder and the DOJ will put a stop to this?
Right after they investigate Spike Lee for Tweeting the wrong 'Zimmerman" address.

I'm sure the DOJ would show equal restraint if I placed a Craigslist ad for a "dead or alive" bounty on my ex-wife.......

That is what was reported on FOX news last night. I don't usually believe the TV, but FOX is more accurate than most others. I've been waiting for the "other side" of the story. They reported that Zimmerman was punched in the nose and was flat on his back. Maybe that's why no arrests have been made, it's called self defense. We'll see how it plays out.

I almost choked on my beer... You are one funny person... FOX news and acurate in the same senctence! HA!!!

Anyway, None of us know much about anything with all the spindoctors out there making their $$$. I Just hope that Justice is served properly!

Excuse me Dr., that is certainly NOT false from this video. Regardless, the state of Zimmerman's schnozzolla is completely irrelevant to him using deadly force in a situation he had reasonable certainty his life was in danger. Whether Martin wiped it, picked it, or punched it, it matters not a whit. He had enough blood flowing from his nose it was worthy of notation, and that is the bottom line.

It is false. If you've ever gotten, seen someone get, or seen someone shortly after getting a broken nose, it is a non stop blood fountain that gets all over your clothes (shown not to be the case in the video) and turns very black and blue and purple (also obviously not the case).

Regarding the loose grass and wet back. The grass is indicative of aggressive movement, being shoved around from above. He didn't just fall from a "shove".
I cannot say how he got on the ground because I don't know, nor does anyone else alive other than Zimmerman, I'm presenting a likely scenario.

Your earlier point of when Zimmerman came into contact with Martin really is the meat of the issue. At this point there is no reason to dispute Zimmerman's version because all subsequent known facts substantiate it. From the police recordings it appears he did break off his pursuit because the wind noise on his phone mouthpiece stops after being told "we don't need you to do that".

Why would he start listening to the cops then, when he ignored them and left his car to pursue on foot in the first place?

The result of them meeting up again was Martin on top, and Zimmerman on his back screaming for help.
This is complete speculation. Which I'm fine with, I'm making speculations as well, just try not to state it as fact. As far as I know there witnesses who heard screaming but it has not been deduced who it was, and when the nearest neighbor came out after hearing the gunshot it was in fact Zimmerman standing over Martins body.

Given the fact Zimmerman had undergone a 4 month law enforcement program with the Sherriff's and he wanted to be a cop. I'm inclined to believe any restraint was from his side, rather than the now known on-line persona of thug wanna-be Martin. That training is probably why his Kel Tec stayed in the holster as long as it did.
I had not heard that he underwent any sort of training in that regard. That said, it even further leads me to believe that he was playing cop with no legal basis to do so, and likely could have been power-tripping when he followed and confronted Martin.

It is false. If you've ever gotten, seen someone get, or seen someone shortly after getting a broken nose, it is a non stop blood fountain that gets all over your clothes (shown not to be the case in the video) and turns very black and blue and purple (also obviously not the case).
Negative. I have broken my nose. Ever seen a pro fight? The term "broken" is quite subjective, and COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!! Or are you suggesting there is a level of nose breakage where homicide is justifiable? Didn't think so.....

I cannot say how he got on the ground because I don't know, nor does anyone else alive other than Zimmerman, I'm presenting a likely scenario.
You are presenting your assumption that is based on...who knows.

Why would he start listening to the cops then, when he ignored them and left his car to pursue on foot in the first place?
Not true. He had exited the vehicle and was in pursuit when he was told "we don't need you to do that". He was never told to not exit his vehicle.

This is complete speculation. Which I'm fine with, I'm making speculations as well, just try not to state it as fact. As far as I know there witnesses who heard screaming but it has not been deduced who it was, and when the nearest neighbor came out after hearing the gunshot it was in fact Zimmerman standing over Martins body.
Not speculation at all, it's a fact in evidence. The eyewitness "John" whose 911 call recorded Zimmerman's cries for help stated that night, and again recently Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him.

I had not heard that he underwent any sort of training in that regard.
He did. Google it. And from what you're saying I'm certain there is a great deal of relevant factual information you are likewise unfamiliar with.

While I respect everyone's right to speculate on who is the criminal and the victim in this case, I have my idea from what I have seen, but I do not possess, nor claim to properly understand, all of the forensic evidence, which should paint a clearer picture when revealed. The way this case is being used to support blatant and public racism(that goes largely unchecked) is appalling. The idea that the police force is protecting the Hispanic because he is "less brown" is laughable at best. There are people publicly stating that whites in general oppress and murder blacks. That the practice is somehow an American pastime that every Caucasian is guilty of. Statements that are blatantly racist. Where is my right to be offended? I am looked at as a racist when I even show offense for the racism thrown my way. If equality is the point here, it comes across in the strangest way. Kip.

If equality is the point here, it comes across in the strangest way. Kip.

Great post. Of course equality isn't the point. America isn't a meritocracy anymore, the loudest complainers get the freebies.

The true masters of this game will play victim AND project intimidation at the same time, heckofa trick.

This is all about election time divide and conquer. Did you see the Democrat Latino group in Florida saying Zimmerman isn't Latino enough? Zimmerman is a Latino Democrat so they will make him a white and ignore his party. I'm thinking he won't be a Democrat much longer anyway.

Personally, I think its hard to form any kind of opinion on anything with this story, as the "facts" are coming from so many different sources. I can't really be an arm chair general and read all the material presented regarding this event and say "oh boy, that Martin kid sure deserved what he got" or "that Zimmerman screwed the pooch, I hope they stretch his neck" because not a one of us can say with any kind of certainty that the facts that are made available to us via the media and police reports are indeed the facts. The most that I can hope for is a through and complete police investigation without any political pressures from the Sharptons and the Jacksons of the world, and that Zimmerman be tried by a fair and impartial jury. Too many people look at a case like this and allow their own opinion and prejudice to paint a picture of what (they feel) really happened.

This is all about election time divide and conquer. Did you see the Democrat Latino group in Florida saying Zimmerman isn't Latino enough?
Bingo. It is about 2012. The fact this happened a month ago then last week was front-page news across the country proves that. The amateurish vetting of the case, and the simultaneous media blitz, has Obama re-election fingerprints all over it.

Personally, I think its hard to form any kind of opinion on anything with this story, as the "facts" are coming from so many different sources.
Depends on where you get the facts from. The Sanford PD website is a good place to start for anyone interested. The (un-doctored) 911 calls, initial police reports, etc are all listed. Whether one doubts the veracity of these reports, or not, they are the facts at this point and are what decisions thus far have been based on.

<broken link removed>

You don't know because your mind is closed to reason. He assaulted Zimmerman because he was a thug and that is what thugs do.
If you haven't yet, read this:
<broken link removed>

You joined us this month and have posted 8 times, most of it pretty liberal. I'm betting you do not even own a firearm. So yeah, Redcap is correct; if it looks like sh+t and it smells like sh+t, it probably is sh......a troll.

Please read my mind...................

OK, what am I thinking?

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR