JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Panther leader offering reward for capture of Trayvon Martin shooter arrested on charges he's felon who had a firearm

By Edmund DeMarche
Published March 27, 2012
| FoxNews.com
inShare1
Text Size

DeKalb County Sheriff's Office
Hashim Nzinga, 49, was allegedly in possession of an FN Herstal 5.7x28 handgun that he sold to a Stone Mountain Pawn shop on March 5 in DeKalb county, the sheriff's office says.
A New Black Panther Party leader who announced a $10,000 reward for the capture of the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin was arrested Monday outside Atlanta for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, DeKalb County Sheriff’s office said.
Hashim Nzinga, 49, was in possession of an FN Herstal 5.7x28 handgun that he allegedly sold to the Stone Mountain Pawn Shop on March 5 in DeKalb County, Sgt. Adrion Bell, the public information officer, told FoxNews.com.
Last month, Nzinga was convicted for felony deposit account fraud in nearby Gwinnett County, Bell said. It is illegal for a convicted felon to carry a firearm in the state and police were alerted to Nzinga’s alleged possession after the store’s transaction, Bell said.
He was arrested without incident at the probation office he was reporting to, Bell said.
The FN Herstal 5.7x28 is considered a high-end gun that can fetch $800 to $900 at a pawn shop. It is unclear how much Nzinga made from the alleged sale.
Nzinga serves as the New Black Panther Party’s chief of staff. He recently made news after going on CNN and offering a $10,000 reward for the capture of George Zimmerman
, whose role in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is being investigated by Florida authorities.
Martin’s killing has attracted the country’s attention. Black leaders say the incident was racially motivated and call for Zimmerman to be arrested. Others, however, say the killer is protected under Florida’s “stand your ground” law and was acting in self-defense.
There are inconsistent accounts of the circumstances of the shooting.
Click here for more from MyFoxAtlanta.

Thats a NICE firearm. I really want to own one of those someday.

Well now that the police are investigating it much more closely, my opinion of George Zimmerman is changing a bit. Apparently he was the one getting his *** kicked by Trayvon Martin, might of even had his head slammed into the curb, so to me it might be plausible, although he was looking for trouble initially, that shooting Trayvon Martin MIGHT be self-defense, even though there was a lack of a thorough investigation initially.

Thats a NICE firearm. I really want to own one of those someday.

Well now that the police are investigating it much more closely, my opinion of George Zimmerman is changing a bit. Apparently he was the one getting his *** kicked by Trayvon Martin, might of even had his head slammed into the curb, so to me it might be plausible, although he was looking for trouble initially, that shooting Trayvon Martin MIGHT be self-defense, even though there was a lack of a thorough investigation initially.

comment with held due to possible Baiting!!

That is what was reported on FOX news last night. I don't usually believe the TV, but FOX is more accurate than most others. I've been waiting for the "other side" of the story. They reported that Zimmerman was punched in the nose and was flat on his back. Maybe that's why no arrests have been made, it's called self defense. We'll see how it plays out.

I can almost hear Obama: " If I had a son he would look like Hashim Nzinga."
"And if asked, I could get him to bust a cap in your pasty whiteass."

Zimmerman called police and told them he was following Martin. Obviously he was armed, who knows if he was brandishing his weapon or not. It seems to me that this larger guy was following some teen with a sweatshirt on his phone through the neighborhood. Martin should be the one citing the stand your ground law as the one defending himself. If someone assaults you, and you try to fight back, to they have the legal right to kill you?

And really, FOX being "more accurate than most others"?

No, he was not the "larger guy" he was just 11yrs older.
This "poor teen" was 6'3" and have you seen a current picture of him?? One big punk!
If he jumped you, slammed your head on the sidewalk, and broke your nose would you kiss him?

11 Years can make a lot of difference, 17-28. And Zimmerman doesn't exactly look like a scrawny guy from the pictures.

Even if Martin was the bigger (physically) man, Zimmerman followed him. My point is that he caused Martin to feel threatened, so the "stand your ground" law that Zimmermans lawyers are citing is more applicable to Martin.

11 Years can make a lot of difference, 17-28. And Zimmerman doesn't exactly look like a scrawny guy from the pictures.

Even if Martin was the bigger (physically) man, Zimmerman followed him. My point is that he caused Martin to feel threatened, so the "stand your ground" law that Zimmermans lawyers are citing is more applicable to Martin.

obvious-troll.jpg

So, what you're saying is that I'm a troll because I think that Martin felt threatened because some dude stocky dude carrying a gun was following him through his own neighborhood.

Riiiiiggggght......

ahhh, "Zimmerman followed him".. That was his JOB, ie: neighborhood watch. When 911 told him they didn't need him to do that, he was returning to his vehicle.
So, Martin then followed him and we find Zimmerman on the ground w/ Martin on top, beating Zimmerman. This is according to an eye witness.....Who was interviewed by the Police.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top