JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Always a good idea to know what your enemy is thinking. Or not.

[h2][/h2][h2][/h2]

Note on Gun Non-Debate

"Forgive me for revisiting that Gail Collins New York Times column I examined yesterday, but I think it is important to understand the extent to which this kind of ignorance and bigotry shapes the gun-control conversation. "

"This bears all the features of the worst of our contemporary discourse."

of all the rebuttles in that I disagree the AR15 is the most common hunting rifle. Ive always thought that was a weak pro-gun argument anyways, the 2A isnt about hunting who cares if a military pattern weapon can be used to hunt with.

It has an intended purpose, but that does not negate our right to own it regardless of how the anti's think or care about it.. If they do not like our constitution then they can leave...

of all the rebuttles in that I disagree the AR15 is the most common hunting rifle. Ive always thought that was a weak pro-gun argument anyways, the 2A isnt about hunting who cares if a military pattern weapon can be used to hunt with.
THIS!

Bada Bing - Bada Boom!

Thank you.

The SECOND AMENDMENT was never about hunting. EVER!

Cate

Beyond hunting, fast action shooting sports are vastly popular throughout the nation and those I use as an example. The only time Id tie the AR into hunting is the ease of caliber swapping for cost effectiveness and modularity.

of all the rebuttles in that I disagree the AR15 is the most common hunting rifle. Ive always thought that was a weak pro-gun argument anyways, the 2A isnt about hunting who cares if a military pattern weapon can be used to hunt with
In the article he says:
"The first thing to note there is that the Second Amendment is not about hunting — it does not say anything about a "well-regulated hunting party."

and then goes on to say:
"But, in reality, so-called assault rifles — meaning semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines — are very commonly used in hunting,"

That is in reference to:
"An assault rifle is not for hunting; you might as well call it fishing when you throw dynamite in the river."

So what the Arthur is saying is that the "letter to the editor" guy is full of crap and has no idea what is used for hunting. At least that is how i read the pice.

3D5429E3-6C5D-44D9-9D0F-9368C582C2F3.jpeg

In this particular context, the statement was used as a direct rebuttal to the claim that the AR isn't/can't be used for hunting. It's not so much a pro 2A argument as a "STFU, you're lying" statement.

Otherwise, your right. Hunting is not a good defense of the 2A and not It's purpose.

In this particular context, the statement was used as a direct rebuttal to the claim that the AR isn't/can't be used for hunting. It's not so much a pro 2A argument as a "STFU, you're lying" statement.

Otherwise, your right. Hunting is not a good defense of the 2A and not It's purpose.
It's important to remember that the term "assault rifle" is deliberately being shifted to mean all semi-auto rifles that are magazine fed. You may note that in the article, the writer said that semi-auto, magazine fed rifles may be the most popular type of hunting rifle today.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews