Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Notary Public for CMP Forms?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sun195, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

For those of you who have ordered rifles through the Civilian Marksmanship Program, who did you use for your notary public? We have notaries are work, but I'm a little reluctant to have them sign-off on a form to buy a rifle (given all of the "sensitivities" about workplace violence issues, I don't want to be the guy who's buying a rifle...) Likewise, it seems kinda weird doing this at a bank. Any other suggestions for places I might try?

I'm in Seattle, BTW...

2. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

The UPS Store has notary services.

3. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The post office, UPS stores, Libraries, and probably others. I personally used the library for the Utah CHL, since its more convenient for me and has broader hours. It was three dollars to get their sign off.

4. Sheldon

Sheldon California Member

I looked one up in the local Yellow Pages and it ended up being at some real estate office. They don't care what the form is about....they just want their fee!

5. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Your bank should have free notary services, I use BOA and they have free notary public services....

I had my bank sign a trust and had NFA weapons and other listed guns in the trust, the guy didn't say anything. They aren't going to say anything at your bank, they're working for you so they gotta be nice...

6. Sheldon

My friggen local bank would not do any for anyting other bank related forms.......pissed me off.

7. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

That's lame, is it a big chain bank or a credit union?

Anything you buy that needs a form notarized could be considered a bank related form, as you will be using money that is probably in your bank account.

8. Sheldon

It was Great Western Savings....now taken over by Chase. At the time I was looking for the notary as mine had expired and I had an order for two of the Mossberg 44US .22 rimfire trainers held up. I never bothered to look for another notary and the CMP has since sold out of the Mossbergs.....aaarrgg. My wife just recently became a notary and I still haven't done it.....now that is just LAZY.

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Most federal credit unions will do it for free.

10. Browncoat

Browncoat Clackamas, Or. Member

I've used my Credit Union in the past, and the price is right (free).
    Jim