JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a bronze trust. I hear I can notarize it at a bank? What exactly goes through the notarization process? Do they actually read the trust and is there a fee associated with it? Thanks ahead of time.

A notary will typically read over whatever document that they are about to notarize. If you go to your bank, they will typically notarize for free. It may cost you otherwise.

I don't actually bank with WF, but I have a safe deposit with them. I made sure to access my box before requesting a notary. I had an interesting conversation with the notary when he realized I was buying an M1 through the CMP; he let me know that his dad is a prepper that owns lots of guns. I felt a little strange having a conversation about guns in a bank.

I belong to a credit union. Took my bronze trust in and they notarized it with a smile, no problem and no questions. Same thing when I upgraded to the silver trust. Of course you need to sign it in front of the notary.....which is what they are notarizing; the date you signed the trust.

Good luck, though you shouldn't need any....:cool:

I belong to a credit union also and I just took one page of my trust with me and it was all good. I sighned it in front of her and she did her thing. It was free and took maybe 5 mins of my time.

Same as BlindedByScience and spectra, took mine to my CU where notary service is one of the benefits of membership. The whole point of having the trust notarized is that the notary verifies that you are who you say you are and that you have signed it in their presence.

Another thing to consider when you fill out your schedule "A" list is to put "Pending"
under the "Date Stamp Issued.
Then, when you're stamp arrives you go back and enter the date the stamp was approved.
When you buy another NFA item you send in your revised trust showing all of the ATF approved items
with their approved dates.
I messed up the first time, but the ATF didn't catch it and the counter guys at Curt's caught my mistake when I was submitting another form 4.

Should look like this:

Description of Property ------------------ Serial#/Caliber ------------- Date Stamp Issued

1. A.A.C. 762-SDN-6 Suppressor ----- S/N N12345 / Cal 7.62 ------------ Pending

Last Edited:
Another thing to consider when you fill out your schedule "A" list is to put "Pending"
under the "Date Stamp Issued.
Then, when you're stamp arrives you go back and enter the date the stamp was approved.
When you buy another NFA item you send in your revised trust showing all of the ATF approved items
with their approved dates.
I messed up the first time, but the ATF didn't catch it and the counter guys at Curt's caught my mistake when I was submitting another form 4.

Should look like this:

Description of Property ------------------ Serial#/Caliber ------------- Date Stamp Issued

1. A.A.C. 762-SDN-6 Suppressor ----- S/N N12345 / Cal 7.62 ------------ Pending

The ATF doesn't care if it's updated or not. Many people just send in their initial schedule A for every submission they do.
Likewise, the "pending" status on submission is completely unnecessary.

There is more than one acceptable process.

My personal preference is to list the item from the Form 4 (or Form 1 for SBR's) on the Schedule A as follows:

Suppressor/SBR Make, Model, Serial Number (Form 1/4 submitted waiting approval).

I prefer this method as it shows the item as an asset of the trust pending BATFE approval.
If I were to pass away while the package is with the BATFE office, the Schedule A would accurately reflect the items owned by the trust and the Trustee would be better able to execute their duties.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top