JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
it's as near as any ordinary Joe [or Joe-ess] can get to shooting an regular-looking revolver here in England, Scotland and Wales. In Northern Ireland, of course, they can have the usual cartridge-firing handguns.

Nat and the Armscor.mp4 - YouTube

It IS a muzzle-loader, which is why it's permitted to own. The cylinder is removed to load 2.8gr of Bullseye - or similar - a #209 primer is placed on the nipples, and off you go. I've posted a movie on YouTube, as well, under tac's guns -

tac's guns - Westlake-Armscor revolver - UK legal - YouTube

And no, the shooter is NOT me, so no flaming.

Cost of this item is around $1000, and there is a nice-looking slab-sider - 6" bbl and with target sights - for around $500 more.

Still a freekin' shame, though, eh?

tac

So sad. Reminds me of a video I saw a few years ago of a Brit firing an AK with the gas port disabled. He had to cock it by hand after each shot. No semi-autos. Wow you've managed to punish every gun owner in the country and increase the violent crime rate at the same time. Awesome.

Mornin, Sir from UK. You ARE an early riser! Sadly, the Brit you saw with the 'AK' was one of many shooting what is called a 'Straightpull' here in UK. No gas parts AT ALL - it's made as a hand-cranker by law. The only semi-auto rifles/carbines allowed here in yUK are .22LR. And of course, I assume that the 'you' are write does not refer to to me personally - I'm not responsible for the knee-jerk laws made here in the wake of two massacres.

The first one, in 1988, when Michael Ryan freely walked around the streets of Hungerford, shooting, killing nad maining sixteen people before taking his own sad life, resulted in British shooters losing ALL their centre-fire rifles and carbines - I had eight, but they all went back to the countries they came from, and I was spared having to sell my M1A + Leatherwood scope to the gubmint for $200. Same with my H&K PSG1, M1 Garand and the others.

The second massacre, in March 1996, took place in a village school in Dunblane Scotland, when the pedophile Thomas Hamilton shot dead sixteen first-grade kids and their teacher, and injured many more. He is said to have taken his own life, but it's still not clear if that is exactly what took place. The jury is out, and likely to be for another 80-something years. That resulted in a general handgun ban here on mainland UK - although Northern Ireland, with its own legislature, told the Westminster gubmint to go pound sand. It's also the only part of the UK where CCW is allowed, over 3000 are currently issued. The Scottish tennis star, Andy Murray, was one of the kids that day, and seems to have gotten over it quite well - he just IS a miserable bugger, nothing to do with the massacre.

I couldn't avoid the handgun ban in '97/98, though, and although three of my pistols were saved for the nation in the national collection - they were REALLY special - and a further 18 were sent to an address in the PNW - all the others, bar seven I had deactivated so I could keep them - all 90 of 'em, were destroyed. At the time I was a serving senior office in the army, BTW.

We all know that criminals pay no attention to gun laws, or any other laws, that's why they are called criminals, after all. But it's sad to see how the UK, once a dominant force in handgun shooting world-wide, now has to make do with an increasingly agéd pistol team who have to train in Switzerland.

Take care over there, and if you are not in the NRA, give it some thought. I've been a member since July 4th, 1976, and it's obvious to even me that the 2nd Amendment is under threat from the very people who are its sworn upholders in the large domed building on the Potomac, or in the house that looks like a birthday cake.

Best wishes

tac, wishing he was back on Battle Rock Beach

Mornin to you too Sir. You're correct - the "you" didn't mean you specifically.

It always amazes me how quickly they managed a nearly total ban. The next most amazing aspect, I guess, is how folks keep bragging about how they reduced "gun violence" (what a telling term) while completely ignoring the corresponding major increase in violent crime. A complete and utter failure that is right in front of them if they would only look past their own prejudice.

Great point about getting involved. I'm an NRA member and certified rifle and pistol instructor - strictly volunteer since I won't take the drop in pay to change careers. Matter of fact I'm teaching a rifle class this weekend. I want to encourage everyone to do their part. We can sit here and preach to each other the evils of gun confiscation, but with a little effort and less time than you may think, you can go out there and make an actual difference. The more young people who learn to shoot safely and have fun doing it, the longer our sports, hobbies and lifestyles survive. Do it for the children. :)

I,too, teach/instruct here in yUK in our local club, where, in common with the rest of the UK, new members have to serve a three or six month provisional membership time before they can apply for a firearms certificate. During that time they get to shoot everything that is offered to them, apart from the rather odd long-barrelled revolvers that we have to suffer here on mainland UK. However, I have to note that 90% of the youngsters who shoot in our club are mentored by their parents - one or both - so my time with young people is hardly stretched. I've been a club level instructor since the late 1970's, and also involved, for almost fourteen years, teaching the disabled to shoot - our own daughter is seriously handicapped from birth, but doesn't shoot. Many moons ago I developed a device that clamped onto the shooting bench to enable one-handed shooters or those who had the use of only one hand, to cock and load the-then ubiquitous Feinwerkbau target air pistol. Of course, these days, with PCP target air pistols, that is no longer necessary. Being a total ambidex has been a very useful help when teaching a shooting skill set - I'm equally unimpressive with either hand - but my time as a biathlete has served me well - I can stand holding a rifle longer than most can stand up!

As you can see from looking at YouTube - tac's guns - I shoot and get to shoot a lot if different guns here, many my own, of course, and get my fill of handgun shooting when visiting friends in PDX and Eugene area.

Best

tac

PS - I'm guessing that you are located somewhere around Burns? Don't worry, I won't come banging on your door next time we're over.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top