JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is their any threat to vancouver WA or the PDX area from this? Looks like hood is a good 60 miles away..... For some reason volcanoes don't worry me that much, maybe based on ignorance.

I have a gas mask and dust masks.

Is their any threat to vancouver WA or the PDX area from this? Looks like hood is a good 60 miles away..... For some reason volcanoes don't worry me that much, maybe based on ignorance.

I have a gas mask and dust masks.

Kind of depends! Back in 1980 when she blew her guts out, portland and the 'couve got ash for weeks, all the rivers got major ash and mud flows, it was UGLY! :eek:

It was awesome to watch from 12 miles to the south, scary as hell too!

Probably would send some of the transplants home, though.
It would be bad, but it could always be worse.
I wonder if my Toxic Masculinity would be a problem to my neighbors while I'm making sure they have food, water and masks?

Kind of depends! Back in 1980 when she blew her guts out, portland and the 'couve got ash for weeks, all the rivers got major ash and mud flows, it was UGLY! :eek:

It was awesome to watch from 12 miles to the south, scary as hell too!

Looks like only 59 people died though.... So nasty but not deadly? Like we won't have a lahar in our backyard?

I wouldn't worry too much about that Mountain, it's the earth quakes we get and the big one we will likely get that will be the greater threat! Not saying she couldn't do some major damage, just not likely to effect the urban centers directly! I could see another major ash event, sure make the city campers suffer:D

Was there enough ash in Vancouver to worry about roof collapse? If yes, how did you clean it off before damage occurred?

Was there enough ash in Vancouver to worry about roof collapse? If yes, how did you clean it off before damage occurred?

Not that I recall, it was Yakama that got hit the hardest, but Portland, we had weeks worth of constant ash to deal with, mostly with big brooms, shovels, and garden hoses!:eek:
And you couldnt drive with out having to stop and shake out your air filter every so often, couldnt use your wipers at all, and had to wear dust masks to be outside! It was ugly for a while!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top