JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but when I mentioned to my optometrist that I shoot she suggested polycarbonate lenses so I'd have my safety-glasses right there and ready.
A big +1 for the use of polycarbonate lenses.
I know that most here do not shoot a flintlock ... but I have had flint chips hit my lens.
Glad it was the polycarbonate lens and not my eye.
Andy

Dollar store lenses for me. I have always been near-sighted but developed Diabetic Macular Edema in my right eye several years ago. When shooting IDPA, I had to close my right eye and sight with my left. Front sight has always been fuzzy and target too. One day I tried using dollar store reading glasses and it was a revelation!!! Clear sights even with my right eye!!!!!! Wow! Fuzzy target but that is the way it is supposed to be when you focus on the front sight.

Now I have had cataract surgery in both eyes and am very farsighted. Haven't shot yet... the snow level has dominated the range which is up in the mountains. IDPA shoot for March has been cancelled. Will try to get out before the April shoot... don't want to be surprised with the eye change for sighting.

Edited: some days I just don't know what I am saying. Coffeee doesn't seem to help. Sigh.

I started having to use reading glasses but never thought about it shooting. Last year I bought some cheaply safety glasses with +1 magnification. Boom! Instant focused front site. Groups really tightened up.

I started having to use reading glasses but never thought about it shooting. Last year I bought some cheaply safety glasses with +1 magnification. Boom! Instant focused front site. Groups really tightened up.

There ya go!!! I've been using +2 but as I mentioned I haven't been out shooting since cataract surgery gave me new lenses, so I'll have to see what power is good now. Anxious to get out!! We had 60F here today but snow is still up at the range. You?

There ya go!!! I've been using +2 but as I mentioned I haven't been out shooting since cataract surgery gave me new lenses, so I'll have to see what power is good now. Anxious to get out!! We had 60F here today but snow is still up at the range. You?
It was about 60. Snows off but it's muddy!

As a follow-up, I went through the whole match in Albany on Saturday with no correction. I certainly felt like it was easier to get a good sight picture. Unfortunately, it did not improve my score but was having an off day anyway. I was able to operate all of the match activities-taping, reloading, etc-without putting my corrective lenses on so that was good. After the match, the son-in-law and I grabbed a bay and did some "after shooting." With his 1022 with a red dot, I did need correction so that's important if and when I go to carry optics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top