JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to know how many guns get sold just on this site that have no paperwork. I'm sure many. Just a guess.
And no, don't answer.

Virtually every gun ad I see listed here has transfer details (who pays the fee and where), I can't imagine any scenario where the BGC is not done on sales done here.

One would have to be pretty brazen to connect with a party over an open forum then try and go dark on the transfer.

I live in a free state. Go to the gun show and see something I like, start pulling out Benjamin's, when we've agreed on the price, I walk out with the gun and he pockets the benji's. No paperwork trail, what you guys have to put up with in cali, Oregon and Washington astounds me.

Automatic License Plate readers. Have an acquaintance give you a ride to the gun show.

I know some small FFLs that have said their records were lost in a fire/etc. when they went out of business (yes, I literally know one FFL who said that would happen, and it probably did), but the big ones, like Walmart or Dicks? That data usually goes to the ATF.
Heh.
Yep an FFL i know was going to have a flood when he quits

Al's Gun Shop : When Marcus died, ATF came in, pronto, and took the books, leaving behind many consignment and repair guns without the ability to trace the owners.

I'd like to know how many guns get sold just on this site that have no paperwork. I'm sure many. Just a guess.
And no, don't answer.
I will answer. Probably none, or < 0.1%.
Those transfers that do happen "off the books"
  • never get posted;
  • are between lifelong friends with long standing, deep trust of each other;
  • or happen within family.
And most likely, none of those involved in the above were criminals or would be, but for a leftist voting bloc.
Guns are still just as available to people who would not pass a current BGC.
If you pass a law restricting access, you create a black market for that commodity or service.

Prepare to be astounded in the next few years.
I doubt I'll be to astounded, the democrats haven't been shy about their plans. The second amendment used to be the third rail, it isn't anymore. I've noticed that the dems will send up a trial balloon and see how it's received. It was no accident when beta boy orourke came out with his "heck ya, I'm going to take your ar and ak". I'll venture a guess that there will be more than a few second amendment sanctuaries.

Just wait---the blue cancer is already beginning to consume Idaho. I'm actually a bit surprised that Meridian/Boise isn't blue!

View attachment 797669
Most of the people I've met who have moved here are conservatives escaping what they feel is a collapsing system. Actually years ago, Idaho was a lot more blue, but you can't compare Frank Church or Cecil Andrus to any of today's crop of democrats. And interesting is many of our liberals are home grown, not imported. Almost guaranteed if the kids go off to college, they come back dyed in the blue wool democrats.

When a FFL licenses ceases, records are required to be sent to the National Tracing Center. The records are used there the same as if they were still at the FFL. So, wether they are at the NTC or your local FFL, they exist and are used for tracing purposes.

Currently, local ATF offices don't have free access to them at the NTC. Similar to if they are still at the FFL. I know this from experience. Like any record, it can be abused.

It has been this way for a long time. People getting upset about this now is because of Walmart and internet rumors without all the facts.

Most of the people I've met who have moved here are conservatives escaping what they feel is a collapsing system. Actually years ago, Idaho was a lot more blue, but you can't compare Frank Church or Cecil Andrus to any of today's crop of democrats. And interesting is many of our liberals are home grown, not imported. Almost guaranteed if the kids go off to college, they come back dyed in the blue wool democrats.
I've noticed that no matter how conservative a Californian claims to be, most of the time they are infected with liberalism and just don't realize it.

Oh sure, they move up here and claim they love guns and hunting and the outdoors and don't want to change anything. But most I've met are very full of themselves and think they know better than the dumb locals about how to do things. They grew up in a society where instant gratification and convenience was the norm. They HAVE to have their Starbucks and big box stores and public transportation. They hate ANY inconvenience and feel personally slighted if they are inconvenienced in any way.

They have to have the best of everything and will drive around $50k Jeeps with lifts and pimp rims and look at anyone in a beater with a smug look on their face.

Many times I have met someone who was at a church, or at a shooting match, or some social event and there was just something about them that annoyed me. In every case, turned out they were from California.

Now, not every person from California is like that. My girlfriend was born and raised in Southern California but was raised by poor farm workers. Her mom, dad, and sisters are wonderful people and far from the entitled and smug folks that usually come from there. Her dad is a green card holder from Tijuana and extremely conservative and religious. Just a great guy.

But their cousins and aunts and uncles that come up to visit are annoying and like to make jokes about how "backwards" things are up here. An aunt and uncle moved here a few years ago to a very rural area. She is Hispanic and he is black. They hated it here and said people were racist. I asked the husband what hate crimes he was a victim of. He said none, but that everyone he met went out of their way to treat him extra nice, so obviously racist. Well, duh!

I'm met a few fine folks from California, but I've met far more that are the typical smug, shallow, selfish A-holes that California is famous for, and any area that experiences an influx of these people is far worse for it.

^ There is a lot of truth to that. I was born and raised in the Midwest and lived many places in the military. I moved to California for some years to be close to some relatives. They are great people, but I hated the state's failing policies more each year. The weather that people rave about was always hot, dry, and plastic to me. I wanted seasons, vegetation, and better values. Washington is light years better than California, although I realize Washington's current laws are worse than they used to be.

After moving here, some situations would trigger the tense response that I had adapted to in California, and I'd have to stop myself, breathe, and realize that there was no need to tense up. I could be a human again. Lots of opportunities to help others, wave at strangers as I passed them on the sidewalk, and let others change lanes. I had to really consider which high-strung California habits I still harbored and needed to unlearn. I think I've made great strides. I also volunteer for pro 2A candidates and am vocal to neighbors about being proud to be American.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top