JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congratulations on your S&W. I bought my Model 28 (no dash) way back, in the first tidal wave of police trade in for the "wonder nines". I did have to take it in for a tune up not long afterwards but no problems since and it still shoots like a dream. No problem with "full house" magnums if I choose, although currently loaded with .38 +P ... the "FBI load". It is still in my "bump in the night" rotation. Enjoy shooting. You won't wear it out!

i just picked this up today from a guy who has had it since the early 70's...
Smith and Wesson 28-2 in great condition!
I immediately took it to the range to test it out and I'm amazed at how it shoots- the da pull is pretty heavy but smooth like butter- sa is so light and crisp that it caught me off guard every time! I paid $350 (plus the stupid transfer fee) and am a very very happy boy right now!!
View attachment 330313
View attachment 330314

VERY nice wheel gun and you got it at a VERY good price. Enjoy!!

Congratulations on your S&W. I bought my Model 28 (no dash) way back, in the first tidal wave of police trade in for the "wonder nines". I did have to take it in for a tune up not long afterwards but no problems since and it still shoots like a dream. No problem with "full house" magnums if I choose, although currently loaded with .38 +P ... the "FBI load". It is still in my "bump in the night" rotation. Enjoy shooting. You won't wear it out!
The guy I bought I from said he originally bought it from his buddy who carried it while on duty with the Fresno pd. even though it was an edc, it has hardly any holster wear and looks almost pristine, so I am a little hesitant to stuff it in a holster. I do plan on shooting the sh!t out of it though! It's definitely going to be a regular visitor to the range. Armscor .357's felt like 38 plus p's out of it! I know the armscor stuff is relatively underpowered, but still, I'm impressed with how this gun shoots.
I'm considering this score as my Christmas, birthday, and anniversary gift all rolled into one sweet package.

Very nice score! I have always had a Big old Soft spot for a really nice carry size wheel gun, and a S/W like that fits perfectly!:):):)

An interesting progression. Years ago, when we were not allowed to concealed carry except when fishing or hunting, we openly carried really nice revolvers like this Model 28, or Diamondbacks, or Troopers, or other really effective, accurate, and user friendly revolvers and full size autos. I hoped someday I could afford a Python.

Then when concealed carry became allowable, folks started forgetting about the really good hardware and little bitty cute handguns replaced the real guns. For the folks that haven't allowed themselves the pleasure to shoot one of these very great revolvers, you should afford yourself the satisfaction.

I really miss the days when these far superior guns were common.

WAYNO.

I was think almost the exact same thoughts WAYNO, Down here, we are open carry, and a lot of younger folks are noticing us older farts carrying "The Good Stuff" in nice leather with nice belts, and they are discovering exactly what you pointed out, A full size gun is far nicer to carry and shoot, and they also find they usually shoot better then the mouse guns! Me, it's still a full size 1911, but it's a super damn fine 1911:)
Now to find my long lost Dan Wesson .44 mag that I mistakenly sold:(:(:(

I immediately took it to the range to test it out and I'm amazed at how it shoots- the da pull is pretty heavy but smooth like butter- sa is so light and crisp that it caught me off guard every time! I paid $350 (plus the stupid transfer fee) and am a very very happy boy right now!!
View attachment 330313
View attachment 330314

Shes a beauty! But what really makes me sleep better at night is knowing that the gun was transferred properly.........we should all be thankful that our representatives are looking out for us every step of the way! Thank you so much Olympia........o_O

Good snag! :)I bought a 28-2 for@$450 or $500 and it's pretty much pristine. These will take full-house .357 ammo and feel better than a Ruger, IMO... Enjoy it!
It's true- the gp100 feels like a plastic gun in comparison- I'm ruined now. Still gonna keep the Ruger for my field gun (which is why I got it in the first place, anyway).
I'm going to look for a set of smaller grips for the smith, it has the target grips and they feel a little too chunky in my hands- anyone have suggestions for good, thin grips for smith n frame revolvers?

nice gun! yeah it sucks that an older gun(im assuming its over a year and a half old) like that has to have a transfer fee/bgc.

i dont shoot wheel guns often. the last one i shot was a S&W highway patrolman(?) i shot had such a nice trigger in SA i couldnt believe it.

That's (the highway patrolman) the exact model this new gun is. And yeah- I am amazed by the sa trigger pull. So light, so crisp- like nothing at all. I can't wait to get back up to wa so I can spend some more time at the range with it!
I need to get accustomed to that light trigger- it surprised me every time it broke.

View attachment 330313
View attachment 330314
@BlackRyder sounds like you got a great deal on your 28, but I'm afraid I've got you beat. This is mine, a present from a friend of mine for when I graduated from basic training. I love this gun! Like everyone has said, this baby has a smooth as silk action and the pachmayr grips fit my hand like a glove. Best gift ever!

IMG_1419.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top