JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...but this week is the anniversary of all of the following...

- The Boston Bombing
- The Columbine Shooting
- The Virginia Tech Massacre
- The Waco Hostage Siege
- The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Hitler's Birthday

Terrorists and crazy people often assign symbolism to these types of events and may, therefor, try to pay homage by doing additional crazy shhhhh...err...crap.

So perhaps be a little more alert than usual as you go about your life this week.

Godspeed all! :)

End of the civil war.

Jesus suffering, dying on the cross, and rising from the grave in the single act of love that defines God's commitment to each of us.

Those are sort of good things historically this week.

The history of humanity is pretty grim. Barbarism, ignorance, tyranny, hatred, enslavement, and ugliness, has, sadly, been defining characteristics of our species. But time marches only forward and, for all our evils, foibles, and frailties, we've made great progress towards freedom, dignity, prosperity, technological advancement, and, I dare say, hope — all guided by Reason. We must be loving and strong, and most assuredly, those two are not mutually exclusive. As Franklin D. Roosevelt put it, "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."

Considering there are only 365 days per year (366 on leap year) and the fact that humans have been around for thousands of year, I'm quite sure some horrible event has occurred on each and every day of the year.

Considering there are only 365 days per year (366 on leap year) and the fact that humans have been around for thousands of year, I'm quite sure some horrible event has occurred on each and every day of the year.
Except on your wedding anniversary NOTHING bad ever happened that day right? Before you respond would your wife be allowed to view your response.......:p

Except on your wedding anniversary NOTHING bad ever happened that day right? Before you respond would your wife be allowed to view your response.......:p

You're absolutely CORRECT. Everyday there's weddings taking place all over the world, and they ALL set in motion an inexorable tragedy.

Maybe not that day, maybe not that year, or maybe (if you're lucky) not even within 5yrs... but that first eating of the wedding cake MURDERS your bride's libido!!!

:D

They already stopped one crazy women, or rather she stopped herself.

The sunshine has brought bees, my wife is unhappy and that makes me unhappy. The assault of the winged devil's has arrived. How many nests will they build around my front door this year, 13, maybe 18? Will they try and build a hornet's nest under my deck again?

Yes this time of year is full of assaults.

...but this week is the anniversary of all of the following...

- The Boston Bombing
- The Columbine Shooting
- The Virginia Tech Massacre
- The Waco Hostage Siege
- The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Hitler's Birthday

Terrorists and crazy people often assign symbolism to these types of events and may, therefor, try to pay homage by doing additional crazy shhhhh...err...crap.

So perhaps be a little more alert than usual as you go about your life this week.

Godspeed all! :)

I think of this week and past/present events too. I remind myself that there will always be copycats, crazy people and evil/nasty people full of doing harm and murder to one or more people.

Many evil people like to strike on specific holidays and Holy Days in various religions too.

With that said, the glass is always half full more than half empty. That is the way that we should look at things in order to remain sane and happy in this world.

We can do our best to be aware of our surroundings and to avoid some things in life that might not be in our best interest but we should not live in fear. Don't let the nasty sons of guns destroy your liberty and happiness.

Cate

End of the civil war.

Jesus suffering, dying on the cross, and rising from the grave in the single act of love that defines God's commitment to each of us.

Those are sort of good things historically this week.

^^^

This and thank you.

Cate

It's actually supposed to be nice here today!

I'm going to mow the lawn, shoot my new carry gun, get a haircut, and prepare for a trip to the west side for a wedding and to see my son.
Not too gloomy from my perspective, finally. Lol.

^^^

Have a good time!

It is sunny out... for now... grin.

My husband and I may go to a few sporting goods stores and to a nursery today or on Friday.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top