JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all.

I live in East Central Florida, between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. I'm planning on moving up to the Portland area in about a year. Right now I'm just doing some research so that I'll have an idea of what to expect regarding laws and general culture. I lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, and NYC for 35 years before that, so I was a little worried, now coming from Florida. So far it looks like I have nothing to worry about.

I'm also looking to see if there are any decent gun clubs around (Tri-County looks good, but I guess I'm going to have to wait a while) . I try to get out to the one I belong to here at least once a week. I don't compete or hunt or anything. I'm just a geek and like guns and shooting them. I wouldn't mind either though, and may start doing some steel matches and maybe 3 gun before heading up there. I just need to load up on some mags. I guess they do some turkey and boar hunting down here, but they say the deer are real scrawny and not worth it. Florida's really for fishing, I guess.

Anyway, I'll be lurking here, and hopefully I'll be in the great NW real soon. Then I can tell everyone that I've lived in every corner of the USA.

The next few weeks or months could bring some potentially very restrictive laws in Oregon. We have a super majority in Salem populated with anti-gun folks with an agenda. We don't know what they'll pull off, but it could be bad.

Regarding Portland and Multnomah County, you'll need to have an Oregon CHL if you ever want to have a loaded gun on you. Oregon has no CCW/CHL reciprocity with any other state, so you'll have to get one when you get here.

And, +1 for Douglas Ridge

The next few weeks or months could bring some potentially very restrictive laws in Oregon. We have a super majority in Salem populated with anti-gun folks with an agenda. We don't know what they'll pull off, but it could be bad.

Regarding Portland and Multnomah County, you'll need to have an Oregon CHL if you ever want to have a loaded gun on you. Oregon has no CCW/CHL reciprocity with any other state, so you'll have to get one when you get here.

And, +1 for Douglas Ridge

Damn, that sucks. Always idiots pushing their uninformed crap on you. I plan on getting my CHL as soon as it's possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top