JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What is the same between these two "accidents" other than the stupid know it all (as usual) cops.

Not true, the commonality between these two incidents is that the glock was being disassembled, and notably, the glock trigger must be pulled in order to disassemble, there is the problem of not checking chambers and the way the glock is setup. No need to bash LEOs.

I know I guess I'm just a bit jaded because I was at a bar a few days ago and talked to a CLEO who was talking about how much of a big shot he was (tough guy, .etc, knows all about guns, people want favors because he's so important, yada yada)

He then got in his truck and drove away (after drinking 5 double Crown Royal's on ice) in the snow and got stuck because he couldn't put the truck in 4WD. We had to push him out. This was Dec 19th I think of this year.

Between that and other experiences I am seen first hand (lying under oath on the stand to save face, .etc) - that has changed my opinion in recent years.

Your mileage may vary.

Also humans have been around for millions of years. Police officers have been around just since the early 1900's and now they act like a military force. Seen givethemback.com? the sites down now, but it was bad about police Katrina gun collection using your favorite LEO.

Also, just to complete my rant < a bit of this is tongue in cheek you know>

How come when you see an officer draw a gun they point it a a "suspect"

1. Loaded
2. Pointed at kill zone
3. Finger usually on the trigger (as seen on the cover of Popular Mechanics -NYC self proclaimed "shock and awe" SWAT Team member)

I have had two nearfire stand-offs (both parties armed) and I never EVER point a gun - let alone a loaded gun at anyone unless I intend to kill. Seriously

I say stay at home if you are that worried about your life. I live so far from the police that me and my neighbors protect our property collectively.

Just my opinion - or do I just have to conform to what others believe?

Last Edited:
The idea that "cops are bad" is already what others believe. It's just another way of generalizing about a group of people. Like, oh... firearms enthusiasts.

Prior to police officers, many cultures have had Constables, Sheriffs, Reeves, and other forms of non-military law enforcement, and those are just the few old european titles I can think of offhand.

There are over a hundred thousand LEOs in the US and I'm willing to bet no one on this board is personally acquainted with even a full one percent of them.

Carrying a badge doesn't make one any more or any less human.

As for holding a suspect at gunpoint: I don't imagine that holding someone at "harsh words" is going to be too effective. The two seconds required to draw and target an attacker are plenty of time for your life to end as you know it. I commend you for not drawing a gun during a heated argument, but it's foolish to exercise that kind of restraint when your opponent is a potentially serious criminal.

I also wouldn't draw any serious conclusions from the cover of a magazine.

I have said it before.

What is the same between these two "accidents" other than the stupid know it all (as usual) cops.

'nuff said
nice. two isolated incidents put in the same post and now its "know it all" cops. Well, truth is, these do seem like negligent discharges- which is the correct term not "accidental discharges" btw. From knowing cops, I know that they use and handle weapons probably 100 times more than civilians. Every day of duty for most of them- it can sometimes become routine.

You can liken it to this- how many times do you check the air in the tires in your car before you drive each day? You are suppose to do that if you read your operator's manual. If you don't you could have a blowout and kill your family as well as some other innocent on the road. Most people don't because its been a routine to just jump in the car and drive.

I'm not defending these guys, like I said these were ND's and should not have happened. But how many civilians have done the same thing. I think it makes bigger news when its a cop and its easy for people like a2theK to show how "stupid" cops are.

And, uh, A2theK, from your inflammatory comments, you sound like an idiot. :D Educate yorself.

Guys...I'm shutting this thread down...we're not going to get into bashing anyone or make generalized negative statements about any given group of indiviudals and in particular those of law enforcement.

This thread has run it course.

I would remind all of us to review the Forums Rules and in particular the Golden Rule:

The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.
Every member needs to be aware of and responsible for how they and this site appear to the public and fellow gun owners, on and off this website. Yes, that means that what you do or say elsewhere, online or off, can jeopardize your membership here. Negativity is the last thing gun owners need; the media does a good enough job providing us with plenty. Unfortunately, it's far too common for one or two of us to give the whole group a bad reputation. If you're unsure if what you're about to say or do could violate this rule, it's probably best that you refrain from saying or doing it. We cannot stress the importance of this enough. Casting a negative light on this community or yourself as a member of this community will result in termination of your membership.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads