JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun initiative I-1639 fires up questions

Reading this article i came across this comment:

Look at the pics i attached lol this fudd is now OUR LAST LINE OF DEFENSE.

Screenshot_2018-12-22-12-18-45.png Screenshot_2018-12-22-12-18-52.png

Lol this is the type of dude to write Ruger a letter asking for a version of a mini-14 chambered in .300 savage or 35 Whelen and DEMAND it have a non-detachable 5 round box mag.

We are all able to form and express opinions...no one needs to agree with every opinion tossed out there.
With that said...

Please tread lightly here.
While I do not agree with what was posted by Dennis McGehee...I have been called on this very site a "Fudd" and worse....due to the nature of my firearm likes and dislikes.

Making fun of and the casting of insults or disparaging remarks , can be seen as a reflection of how we all think and feel here on NWFA.

I am not sure of the intention behind the OP...But just as a reminder :
Rule Number Three : Divisive , negative , offensive or inappropriate is prohibited.
Please note that I am not saying that , is truly the case here...as I mentioned above I am unsure as to the intention of the OP...Again just posting as a reminder.
Andy

I can understand where some may see him as a 'fudd' but for me I see him as an honest, well intentioned and possibly under informed person teetering on the brink of a glorious Come To Jesus moment.

We are all able to form and express opinions...no one needs to agree with every opinion tossed out there.
With that said...

While I do not agree with what was posted by Dennis McGehee...I have been called on this very site a "Fudd" and worse....due to the nature of my firearm likes and dislikes.

Making fun of and the casting of insults or disparaging remarks , can be seen as a reflection of how we all think and feel here on NWFA.

Rule Number Three : Divisive , negative , offensive or inappropriate is prohibited.
Please note that I am not saying that , is truly the case here...as I mentioned above I am unsure as to the intention of the OP...Again just posting as a reminder.
Andy

No disrespect was meant to you or others that like certaij type of guns. And too dennis credit we should always be willing to bridge the gap for our fellow gun owners. What we should not do is fail to see the exact reasoning behind this legislation or why a firearms license would be a bad idea as dennis suggested.

Again :
I do not agree with Dennis McGehee...
Nor did I vote for the passage of I-1639...I do not agree with any of that nonsense either.

Bridging a gap...does not mean name calling or disparaging remarks , at least to me.
Andy

1. Wooden stocks are the only acceptable stocks.
2. Magazines should only be 4-5 rds. (eliminating all detachable mags, as well as tubular fed, and lever guns. In other words anything not used for big game hunting)
3. MSRs were designed for military use.
4. NRA exists only to sell more guns.
5. NRA is deranged and derailed
6. He's ok with registering firearms
7. He's ok with requireing a license to own firearms
8. He's ok with mandatory safe storage laws
9. His only objection is to having to take a class and pay a fee. (In other words, only what affects him)
10. He's upset at being treated like a second class citizen, untrusted, or a criminal. (Welcome to our world, Bud)

mmunists-but-i-was-not-a-communist-so-i-did-not-speak-out-then-they-came-martin-niemoller-285246.jpg

"All bad precedents begin as justifiable measures."...As someone much wiser than me said.

The idea that :
Some stranger knows how to best store and secure my firearms in my home for my situation is repugnant to me at the very least.
How someone stores their firearms should be left to them and what serves their needs the best...What works for me and my household is great for me...but maybe not for anyone else.
To say this is how you must store your guns , is a "one size fits none solution."

The over use of a scary sounding , made up term ( "Assault Rifle" ) for a type of rifle is just short of literary and political terrorism.
To make a type of rifle ( the semi auto type ) seem as if it is somehow more dangerous or deadly than another type of rifle is the height of folly.
If misused any type of firearm can be deadly....with that said there are no dangerous guns , only dangerous users of guns.

Now am I saying that the millions of lawful gun owners are dangerous...NO , not at all.
Yet they are held accountable for the misdeeds of others...why are they cast in the same light as those that misuse guns or criminals..?
We are often told not to judge a group as a whole by the actions of a few...but its okay to do this to gun owners...?
Andy

Again :
I do not agree with Dennis McGehee...
Nor did I vote for the passage of I-1639...I do not agree with any of that nonsense either.

Bridging a gap...does not mean name calling or disparaging remarks , at least to me.
Andy
I was referring to Dennis commenting on a news article comment section thereby bridging the gap between gun owners and the non gun owner readers of that news paper.

I see...Thank you for the clarification.
Be that as it may , I am backing out of this thread so as not to "muddy the waters" / derail the thread with my dislike of the term "fudd" , or my concerns listed in my first post...I do not want to cause discontent , I dislike irony.
Andy

Dennis McGehee currently doesn't oppose requiring registration, currently...

But he will be the first to scream and will scream the loudest when they come for him and his registered guns... Evidently, this fellow doesn't know diddly about history... And wants to repeat it... As Red would say, Dumbazz...

Edited to correct the incorrect autocorrection.... Sigh...

With that said...

Andy

I think Fudd was said in a jesting manner in this case Andy :)

Its not the words that hurt...
Its the fact that folks say them to me....A fellow gun owner.
One who does not want to give up any more of the 2nd Amendment , when too much of it has already been stolen.
If you were called Fudd or worse , like I have been on this very site and other places , you might be a bit more noticing of name calling.

Make of it what you want...or make light of it , fun of it , whatever...
Name calling and disparaging remarks do not help and drive folks away.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads