Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Not sure what to make of this

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slimer13, Sep 7, 2015.

1. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

mjbskwim likes this.
  2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

SERE gone wrong? Don't they usually do that training far away from society?
    I've known a few people that went through it. Didn't sound fun, but never heard of them getting you drunk.
    If it was, sounds like he was past the breaking point and somehow got away from the control area.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Someone who would be in a SERE course would be deprived of sleep and food both conditions can lead to similar behavior of a drunk person.

blackadder and clearconscience like this.
  4. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Some pretty good comments in that article. Tin foil hat stuff reminiscent of the NWFA preparedness section lol.

blackadder likes this.
  5. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

Article 31 refers to the basic rights associated to a person apprehended by military law enforcement, basically it means that you do not have to answer questions that may incriminate you I believe. It's kind of like the Miranda rights but for service members.

The arrow is a signal for direction of travel when moving to an alternate location or direction.

Even SERE school has liberty at the end. Its likely it was a drunk student recently graduated or an instructor that got a little out of control. they DO usually practice SERE skills in the field, or at least when I was in we did. In Florida. In the swamp. but if you think about it, where are troops currently most likely to be taken? Cities. The days of bamboo huts in the jungle are behind us. The new wars are fought in towns and cities and it is likely that troops are being trained to E&E from places like that.