JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But I know several folks that keep their powder and stuff in one of these with a dehumidifier. Never seen folks put guns in them though.

hD3CF6FB7.jpg

elsie

I like the idea of "hiding in plain sight" as it were.
Wonder how to make it more secure without being obvious that you were trying to hide something ?
Andy
I'm pretty sure that's an old freezer, a lot of those that I have seen have a lock on the door. Between the "hiding in plain sight" factor and a simple key lock, I bet it's at least as secure as a hidden staircase in your bookshelf.

I bet any thief that breaks in will walk on by...

Fridges and freezers are some of the common places they look for valuables.

Just the same, it is possibly more secure than a closet.

I saw that fridge advertised on CL recently. I think it was free. The pic was a suggestion for how it could be used. Since it was in Newberg I thought about popping down the mountain to get it for a storage container but like most days I was too lazy to do it.

Also, a person could drape a tarp over it to partially hide it. Obfuscation does actually help security a little - sometimes, and is better than nothing - I would bet that better than 50% of privately owned guns are either stacked in a closed or in a dresser drawer or under a bed somewhere, which are among the first places burglars look.

It's not a new idea, but I've always thought about modifying a hot water tank, maybe with some bogus plumbing attached. Nobody thinks much about water tanks. Maybe even modify an old furnace.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top