Low Price Guns
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
Reactions
But I know several folks that keep their powder and stuff in one of these with a dehumidifier. Never seen folks put guns in them though.

hD3CF6FB7.jpg

elsie

Reactions
Well
Not to secure....
Air tight YES.....
Dry with little help... YES

GREAT FOR STORING ARC WELDING ROD, HAVE DONE IT.

I like the idea of "hiding in plain sight" as it were.
Wonder how to make it more secure without being obvious that you were trying to hide something ?
Andy

Reactions
I like the idea of "hiding in plain sight" as it were.
Wonder how to make it more secure without being obvious that you were trying to hide something ?
Andy
I'm pretty sure that's an old freezer, a lot of those that I have seen have a lock on the door. Between the "hiding in plain sight" factor and a simple key lock, I bet it's at least as secure as a hidden staircase in your bookshelf.

Reactions
I bet any thief that breaks in will walk on by...

Fridges and freezers are some of the common places they look for valuables.

Just the same, it is possibly more secure than a closet.

I saw that fridge advertised on CL recently. I think it was free. The pic was a suggestion for how it could be used. Since it was in Newberg I thought about popping down the mountain to get it for a storage container but like most days I was too lazy to do it.

Also, a person could drape a tarp over it to partially hide it. Obfuscation does actually help security a little - sometimes, and is better than nothing - I would bet that better than 50% of privately owned guns are either stacked in a closed or in a dresser drawer or under a bed somewhere, which are among the first places burglars look.

Copeland Custom Gunworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Let Freedom Ring
Southwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors September Show
Portland, OR
Rimfire Challenge Oct 9th @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR
Nrl22 at DRRC