JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://wtkr.com/2015/08/19/man-builds-patio-with-dumped-military-headstones/

A monument maker has grave markers which are rejected for what ever reason, those goto a landfill.
This guy recovers them and builds a patio.

Some people are publicly shaming him.

Public shaming used to be a thing - see "The Scarlet Letter" -

Monuments as a patio - not so good. But would they be better in the landfill. I don't think so.
They were never owned by the deceased nor the family. Our Government consigned the work, but they were not up to standards and discarded. I have worked jobs were we rejected the final product and discarded.
Would the better thing have been to crush them? That is an expense.

How about the public shaming?

That is where most of my problem lies I think.

What do you guys think?

If our VA system wasn't actually the cause of the errors I would be surprised, I know they messed up on my Dad's marker...Since the markers being used are either blemished or errors I have no problem, its not like the guy pulled them from the VA cemetery marking our Vets burial to build his patio...

Meh. Pieces of stone.

Sure the Patriot Guard will come. Then what..? Throw them in the dump? Seriously. Are they going to go put them on the grave marker wrong like they are?

I dunno. The guy at the end says that's not right for who they belong to.... Well sir. If they are wrong the belong to whoever possesses them.

Sorry in advance to anyone who finds the patio offensive. I have much respect for our military.

What a bunch of over sensitive PC waste of oxygen our society has become. This is a story? At least the greenies should be happy the guy repurposed/recycled the stuff.

Id file this one under; "I could do this, but should I do it".

The company said they were rejected by the government, he got them in a land fill? If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the government for just tossing headstones in a landfill.

At the end of the day, they are just rocks. It isn't as if though he went all hamburgerlar on cemeteries to get them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top