JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some history: I moved up to Portland (with/for a girl) a few years ago from Phoenix. Girlfriend didn't like the idea of guns in the house so I sold a PX4 Storm back in Phoenix and a 10/22 and CZ452 to two of you fine forum members up here in Oregon. I didn't think I'd be back to this site at that time and didn't bother with intro's. (BTW...the things we do for love, eh?)

Movin' forward - said girlfriend is now my wife, I'm the proud papa of a 1 year old, and the owner of a CZ457 (couldn't stay away from these) and a DW Guardian. Also, the wife kicks my butt with the CZ. I've been lookin' more than touching' around here but plan on getting a tad cozier so, here's my belated new member thread.

Cheers,

Last Edited:
Welcome aboard.

If I may...My wife was of the same mind, not wanting guns in the house and since we didn't initially have kids I stayed away from guns. A few years went by, we had a child and I brought home a shotgun and a pistol. She again stated that she didn't want any guns in the house. I told her that I'm the first line of defense in this home and how I choose to protect my family was of little concern to her. We had about a 30 second staring contest...P.S. The guns stayed in the house.

We celebrated our 30 year anniversary 2 months ago.

Glad you came back.

DB

Welcome aboard.

If I may...My wife was of the same mind, not wanting guns in the house and since we didn't initially have kids I stayed away from guns. A few years went by, we had a child and I brought home a shotgun and a pistol. She again stated that she didn't want any guns in the house. I told her that I'm the first line of defense in this home and how I choose to protect my family was of little concern to her. We had about a 30 second staring contest...P.S. The guns stayed in the house.

We celebrated our 30 year anniversary 2 months ago.

Glad you came back.

DB

Thank you and thank the GOG for the welcome. It's not my place to tell this particular story but I will mention that my wife has known an unfortunate share of people who have killed themselves or another screwing around with firearms and those are tough things to forget.

So, the weapons are either in my possession or locked up in a Pelican behind some tough-as-nails, paid-way-too-much-for-this padlocks - and only she and I have the keys. Problem solved. ;-).

Some history: I moved up to Portland (with/for a girl) a few years ago from Phoenix. Girlfriend didn't like the idea of guns in the house so I sold a PX4 Storm back in Phoenix and a 10/22 and CZ452 to two of you fine forum members up here in Oregon. I didn't think I'd be back to this site at that time and didn't bother with intro's. (BTW...the things we do for love, eh?)

Movin' forward - said girlfriend is now my wife, I'm the proud papa of a 1 year old, and the owner of a CZ457 (couldn't stay away from these) and a DW Guardian. Also, the wife kicks my butt with the CZ. I've been lookin' more than touching' around here but plan on getting a tad cozier so, here's my belated new member thread.
Cheers,
My wife could not have imagined in her wildest dreams having guns in her home before she got together with me.
Now she sleeps with a 3" GP100 next to her side of the bed and has a carry permit.
Welcome from the Gorge.

Welcome Aboard!!!

Sounds like it is time for your First Safe! Tell her it's for Documents of you must but I suggest you don't start Lying to She about anything! It's worked for me and lost of others. beck my Bride is the one who keeps up the Inventory and will also keep her eye out for "Gun DEALS".

The Bride and I will rack up 45 years the end of October! No Kids but a Son/Daughter-in-Law and 6 Grand Kids. That's ALL the Result of owning Guns!

we do have a Beagle(Rescure Puppy - he's going on 8 or 9 now) named Barney Miller - he named himself, SO I'm sure it's Right.

The day I walked into my soon to be In-Laws House I was Carrying a Smith and Wesson Model 19-3 with a 2-1/2" Barrel and had a Badge(not one of the Phone Baloney CPL Badges) on my Belt. One of two of out per Wedding Dates included a trip to the Range and a teaching her how and when to shoot. She is a VERY fine Shot!

Among other things I got her for her 21st Birthday was her CPL.

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard!!!

Sounds like it is time for your First Safe! Tell her it's for Documents of you must but I suggest you don't start Lying to She about anything! It's worked for me and lost of others. beck my Bride is the one who keeps up the Inventory and will also keep her eye out for "Gun DEALS".

The Bride and I will rack up 45 years the end of October! No Kids but a Son/Daughter-in-Law and 6 Grand Kids. That's ALL the Result of owning Guns!

we do have a Beagle(Rescure Puppy - he's going on 8 or 9 now) named Barney Miller - he named himself, SO I'm sure it's Right.

The day I walked into my soon to be In-Laws House I was Carrying a Smith and Wesson Model 19-3 with a 2-1/2" Barrel and had a Badge(not one of the Phone Baloney CPL Badges) on my Belt. One of two of out per Wedding Dates included a trip to the Range and a teaching her how and when to shoot. She is a VERY fine Shot!

Among other things I got her for her 21st Birthday was her CPL.
Thanks KKG! The weapons are either in my possession or locked up in a Pelican right now. My primary concern is keeping things away from my toddler until the time that I can teach her about and trust her with a gun. And an out-of-reach Pelican seemed the best compromise of storage, movement, and safety.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top