JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would say everyone should have a hunting rifle, a self defense handgun, a shotgun, and a .22 rifle. Of course the correct number of guns is just one more but I'd offer that this is a good place to start.
Correct number of guns is yes just one more, but they always come in triples (everyone knows that) so its really just three more.

If ya like Taurus........this is a good option too.

I couldnt justify the taurus cost as I have the 22 mag tracker in 6" already and several others in 22lr. I did get this one just for the hell of it @$300 what the heck...........

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus- or, so I've been told...

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus- or, so I've been told...
Usually, one of those friends has overpaid for a S&W and is just mad at themselves......... I have never personally had any problems with any of the ones I own or have owned. I find the majority of those that badmouth them have never personally owned one but YMMV.

Taurus has always been hit-and-miss for me (pun intended). I bought a TX22 a couple years ago and was kicking myself because it came with a bad barrel.

It was a known issue and they sent me a replacement barrel. It's been great ever since, exceptionally reliable.

I passed up a nice looking Taurus revolver last year, an older, full-size 6" .357 magnum, for $250 at a gun show. If I didn't already have more than one full-size .357, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Since it was mentioned, my friend bought a new Taurus 6" 357 revolver in the mid '80s. He still has it. I shot it several times and it stacked up very nicely against the S&W revolvers I had at the time. The bluing was nice, the trigger was good and it didn't blow up when he overcharged some 357 rounds. If I remember correctly he paid $170 for it. That gun was a steal.

Since it was mentioned, my friend bought a new Taurus 6" 357 revolver in the mid '80s. He still has it. I shot it several times and it stacked up very nicely against the S&W revolvers I had at the time. The bluing was nice, the trigger was good and it didn't blow up when he overcharged some 357 rounds. If I remember correctly he paid $170 for it. That gun was a steal.
I picked up a 65 at a good price, installed a spring kit and polished the sear. It compares very well against much more expensive brands.

Usually, one of those friends has overpaid for a S&W and is just mad at themselves......... I have never personally had any problems with any of the ones I own or have owned. I find the majority of those that badmouth them have never personally owned one but YMMV.
I had a problem with the one I owned, the cylinder shot loose rather quickly. Barring an End-Of-the-World mega-event, I'll never by the Grace of God own another. YMMV

That really does cover all the real needs with maybe the exception of .22 lr. Recommend both a rifle and a pistol in .22 lr, varmint hunting or squirrel 🐿 dinners…
Pistols are not reliable with most .22 rimfire ammunition and we are in a time of shortages. Best go with a revolver to fill the niche for a .22 handgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top