JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey.
SO, I used to go back and forth between here and ifish, I felt ifish was little more hunting then here so I spent A LOT of time there. I love fishing and and shooting, but I have an elk addiction with the 06.
Maybe 5 weeks back a moderator on ifish asked about what they could do better on their site.
In a nut shell, I told them they need to calm down on moderating over reach..but to a point. I don't want it to be total wild wild west but not G rated either.
It go deleted so I called out the Moderator. Day or two later I got an 41 point infraction and couldn't post anything. After 3 or 4 weeks I PMed the mod twice few days apart asking when this thing expires. His reply was I can never come back for what I have done. I have tried to contact the web master with no reply. I guess no questing the mods. lol
Anyways, I'll be here from now on. After surfing the pages I see lots of familiar names I have seen on fish and the fire. Hope to get to know some new names.
Thanks again for letting me vent,
Andre aka Dre
(Mods take it easy on me)

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum.
The rules here are pretty easy ... Play nice with each other or words to that effect.
The Moderators are easy to work with as well ... At least the couple I have talked with.
Andy

Hey.
SO, I used to go back and forth between here and ifish, I felt ifish was little more hunting then here so I spent A LOT of time there. I love fishing and and shooting, but I have an elk addiction with the 06.
Maybe 5 weeks back a moderator on ifish asked about what they could do better on their site.
In a nut shell, I told them they need to calm down on moderating over reach..but to a point. I don't want it to be total wild wild west but not G rated either.
It go deleted so I called out the Moderator. Day or two later I got an 41 point infraction and couldn't post anything. After 3 or 4 weeks I PMed the mod twice few days apart asking when this thing expires. His reply was I can never come back for what I have done. I have tried to contact the web master with no reply. I guess no questing the mods. lol
Anyways, I'll be here from now on. After surfing the pages I see lots of familiar names I have seen on fish and the fire. Hope to get to know some new names.
Andre aka Dre

Welcome to the police state of the internet. We wouldn't want the little snowflakes to get offended by any one's post. I truly wish some folks could pull up their big boy or girl pants and realize folks can have differences of opinions, points of view, life experience and still have civil or even uncivil conversations without being banned, chided, placed in a time out, etc.. These petty fiefdoms some site builders and mods (not this) are, well, for crying out loud...it is the internet...the sun will rise tomorrow, you still have to pay taxes April 18th if you owe, them, etc. It boils down to sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me.

Brutus Out

Hey.
Andre aka Dre
Sounds like the same people who run Nextdoor.

Hey.
Andre aka Dre

Welcome.

Yeah, there are a few IFISH rejects here! :D Thing is, that has been a loss for IFISH. I believe even our Esteemed Administrator is a former IFISH member? Around here people tend to be more adult, because they've been allowed to grow with NWFA and be themselves for the most part. We still have pretty much the same rules though. Our moderators don't treat people like children needing punishment for every little thing. Then there's that fact that firearm owners tend to be more polite, and accepting in general. After all, firearms enthusiasts tend to WANT people in the hobby/obsession, unlike fisherman who can be rude, secretive and cliquish. We don't have the huge egos here either. And, using the site is so much easier with the notifications, picture posting, etc.

If you have the time try getting out for one of the local shooting site clean-ups members do once a month or so and meet a few people and do some target shooting.

Welcome to the forum, some great folks to be found here. Things are pretty calm and enjoyable most days. The mods aren't overly aggressive and work more on a suggestive fashion than a dictator fashion, which makes things pretty bearable. You have to really cross the line to get into any serious trouble here. Either that, or tell the site owner @Joe Link that his $100 bill Hi-Point is ugly :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top