JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the wonderful message that I received today.

Senator Ginny Burdick
D-Portland, District 18

Phone: 503-986-1718 900 Court St. NE, S-213 Salem Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected] Website: Senator Ginny Burdick

Dear Friends,

As many of you know, I have been working hard this session to pass common-sense gun legislation. The time to act on these reasonable measures is now. We know that the gun rights extremists who pretend to speak for all gun owners will continue to bombard legislators with the absurd message that guns have nothing to do with gun violence. But the reasonable majority must take on this issue as if our lives depended on it — because they well might. We have gotten an outpouring of support and people wondering what they can do to help.

I am pleased to announce that there will be four bills heard on March 14 at 8am in the Senate Committee on Judiciary.

They are:

• SB 347 – Removes the exemption for Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holders to carry a firearm on K-12 school grounds.
• SB 700 – Requires criminal background checks on all gun purchases and transactions except those between immediate family members.
• SB 699 – Removes the exemption for CHL holders to carry a firearm in the Capitol Building unless given written permission by Legislative Administration.
• SB 796 – Requires all persons applying for a CHL permit to pass a firing range test.

We need your help! The citizens of Oregon who believe that gun violence is a real problem can no longer be silent. Please plan on attending the committee hearing. If you are interested, you can make your voice heard by testifying in front of the committee as a concerned parent, educator, community leader, responsible gun owner, or caring citizen. Even if you are not planning to testify, your presence at the committee is important.

If you are planning on coming, please let our office know.

Sincerely,

Senator Ginny Burdick

It's on!

Show up to testify against these bills, or if you're not able to make it you can submit written testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in .pdf form (don't put your comments in the body of your e-mail) by sending the comments (again, in .pdf form) to Annola DeJong by noon the prior day.

IN ORDER FOR YOUR WRITTEN COMMENTS TO BE INCLUDED IN TESTIMONY THEY MUST BE IN .PDF FORM AND BE E-MAILED BEFORE NOON (1200 HRS) ON MARCH 13TH.

INCLUDE AN INDIVIDUAL STATEMENT FOR EACH BILL AND BE CLEAR FOR WHICH BILL YOU ARE PROVIDING TESTIMONY.

Barring some strange catastrophe I'll be there to testify against these bills.

Another note... the swing vote on this committee will be Arnie Roblan (D Coos Bay). He has traditionally been a supporter of 2A rights, and was recently publicly recognized as such by Kevin Starrett. Hopefully he can block this silliness from ever making it out of committee.

I don't understand SB 347, most criminals don't have permits so I don't get it. And it's not like the are going to start open carrying anytime soon...

I'm sorry you guys have to put up with this poop.

Here's the Ceasefire Oregon newsletter. Notice how they call us "gun absolutionists"

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't post the message because the file is too ;large. Here's a link to their website: <broken link removed>

Here's the link to suggestions for testifying: <broken link removed> <broken link removed>

Just called Senator Prozanskis' office and asked why the hearing isn't on the schedule. The response was that they will publish it sometime next week.

Keep in mind that you still need your presentation materials submitted at least 24 hours in advance if you plan to testify. Additionally, you most likely will not be placed on the schedule until you appear at the meeting room. That means first come , first served, so make sure you show up at least a half hour in advance in order to be placed on the schedule. Based on the potental for a large turnout by people on both sides, we will probably only be given 1 minute to speak. Be prepared to be brief, concise, and on topic.

I believe you may be able to schedule testimony on each bill separately so be prepared if they allow that as well.

It is time for most people to quit standing in the sidelines, just standing there as a spectator, if you are not a registered voter, become a voter, not just a voter, become an informed voter. This is the first step in getting your voice heard, writing comments on a forum and not being a registered voter is like going to a firefight with blank ammo, you're just making noise.

IN ORDER FOR YOUR WRITTEN COMMENTS TO BE INCLUDED IN TESTIMONY THEY MUST BE IN .PDF FORM AND BE E-MAILED BEFORE NOON (1200 HRS) ON MARCH 13TH.

In case you don't know how to create a .PDF file, you can install Cute PDF (CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.) for free, write your letter in Word or Notepad or other program of your choice, then print the file like you would to paper. When the print dialog box comes up, select the Cute PDF printer instead of your regular paper printer.

Voila! PDF file. :s0155:

In case you don't know how to create a .PDF file, you can install Cute PDF (CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.) for free, write your letter in Word or Notepad or other program of your choice, then print the file like you would to paper. When the print dialog box comes up, select the Cute PDF printer instead of your regular paper printer.

We use that a lot where I work and its free, great program.

If I lived in Oregon I would call in sick if I had to in order to make it to that hearing.elected officials like that drive me insane.

If you use a Mac, just click "File" then "Print", then click the "PDF" button under the print options and select "Save as PDF".

Here's the Ceasefire Oregon newsletter. Notice how they call us "gun absolutionists"

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't post the message because the file is too ;large. Here's a link to their website: <broken link removed>

Here's the link to suggestions for testifying: <broken link removed> <broken link removed>

Links are a little messed up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top