1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Not guns, but it is NW

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by armedandsafe, Jun 8, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

BPN About 20min N of Seattle Member

"Do you believe that the Snake River Dams should be torn out, leading to increased energy costs and more carbon emissions?"

I have to admit the poll is very leading and I don't like the poll itself.

If I made a poll in the same manner: Do you believe that we should increase immigration laws, leading to an increased number of illegal immigrants and potential criminals.

Just not a proper neutral poll, I don't mind the topic of dams but the design of the poll really bothers me.

3. twolabs

twolabs Tacoma New Member

4. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Whoever designed that poll must have taken the same statistics classes I did way back when. We learned that putting the questions to the subject class, along with the specific questions themselves, one could guarantee the desired end results every time. This seems to be designed along those lines, what with the definitive statement appended to the question. And the writer of this poll certainly has a specific desired outcome in view. Typically, the gullible/sleeping public never takes a second glance at this sort of thing, only at the "published results", which are surely well-skewed prior to release. Hey, if the results weren't the one desired, the survey would never be published. As crooked as the day is long, but SOP in the political world.