JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Court Appointed Special Advocate. Cases like this are why there is CASA in place now. The appointed person stays with the child, specifically during any type of questioning and their only interests are what's best for the child. In this case it probably would have limited the amount and type of questioning the children had to endure.

So, if cleared does this open the door for a lawsuit from this guy?

CASA doesn't work that way in WA.

They have no right to be with the child during the investigation, as nothing at that point has been in the court system. Which is what CASA is, Court Appointed... CASA gets involved after the case gets submitted to the Prosecutor, not before.

Detectives should know the first rule of child Interviewing...multiple interviews are a big NO NO. About the only reason to do more than one interview, is to clear up any questions the Prosecutor may have. They are short and to the point, and don't go back over the entire case.

Sad...very sad...

CASA doesn't work that way in WA.

They have no right to be with the child during the investigation, as nothing at that point has been in the court system. Which is what CASA is, Court Appointed... CASA gets involved after the case gets submitted to the Prosecutor, not before.

Detectives should know the first rule of child Interviewing...multiple interviews are a big NO NO. About the only reason to do more than one interview, is to clear up any questions the Prosecutor may have. They are short and to the point, and don't go back over the entire case.

Sad...very sad...

Ya' know, I'll have to agree with you about when the appointment comes vs. initial questioning. In fact, I have to agree with everything you said here.

The mid 80's. That was the time when sex abuse was the "hot topic". I know that there were other countless people covicted during that time that were later found to be innocent. I just watched a show on this the other night. One of the defending lawers called it "the whichhunt era".

If I were the wrongly convicted man, I would go after Kruse and the ex with my own kind of revenge. But thats just me.

Yet there are some people who think all cops are righteous gods who always tell the truth and never manipulate a case to get a conviction. I wonder what planet they come from....
Like I've said many times over the years, cops, like many other vocations, are recruited from the same gene pool you come from, as well as that idiot doing 45 on the freeway in front of you...they're human, can certainly be enthusiastic seekers of bad guys, and on occasion, take things too far.

The mid 80's. That was the time when sex abuse was the "hot topic". I know that there were other countless people covicted during that time that were later found to be innocent. I just watched a show on this the other night. One of the defending lawers called it "the whichhunt era".

If I were the wrongly convicted man, I would go after Kruse and the ex with my own kind of revenge. But thats just me.
If it was that common, I wouldn't fault the investigator, as techniques for getting at the truth in these cases were still in development. I could definitely see going after the ex and the prosecutor, who should have known better.

If it was that common, I wouldn't fault the investigator, as techniques for getting at the truth in these cases were still in development. I could definitely see going after the ex and the prosecutor, who should have known better.

In this case...the Detective wouldn't be out of the question.

I place the blame where it belongs, on the vindictive mother! She started this ball rolling with what now was obviously a way to punish her ex. Sure the investigation was flawed but this would never have been a factor without the false allegations to start with.

I place the blame where it belongs, on the vindictive mother! She started this ball rolling with what now was obviously a way to punish her ex. Sure the investigation was flawed but this would never have been a factor without the false allegations to start with.

Yep, I see it a lot in divorce, child custody situations.

IMHO he should get compensated (TAX FREE) $100,000 for every year he was wrongly imprisoned...

I agree and send his ex wife to prison for an equal stint.

I think $100,000 per year is a reasonable figure, I think I'd support that.

And I agree with BOTH points... he should get the 100K/year as compensatory damages and the ex-bitty should get the "equal-time" at the the grey-bar inn for his punative damages! :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top