JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found you folks by accident a few months ago. I was following a lead on a Hy Hunter's T-62 Civil Defense Weapon and ended up here. BTW, that little rifle is a foreign copy of the AR-7 .22 survival rifle in a pseudo "Tommy Gun" stock. Similar in quality to a German "Saturday night special", it is one of my boyish dreams come true and I love it, warts and all.

My plan was to hang around here and get a feel for what goes on. Life had other ideas and I have been tied up for months. Sometimes you have to give up leisure time desires for grim reaity.

The latest episode was a tick bite that put me in the hospital for a week. The doc told my family that one day later getting treatment and I wouldn't have made it. It turns out ticks and tick-borne illnesses are on the rise, according the CDC. My personal little demon rode into the house on a cat, illustrating that you don't need to be an outdoorsman to have an issue.

Firearms interests pre-dated kindergarten thanks to WW2 film shot in combat. The war had recently ended, and my father's war stories added verbal color to military TV documentaries. Our primitive TV was also filled with the westerns of the era. Guns were the everyday norm on TV. Truth told, I think I was genetically predisposed to an interest in firearms. Well, it could have been worse. I could have been born to play the tuba at home.

Latest firearm purchase was a Sig P365 SAS. It is not a great love. I bought it as a carry pistol because its many positives and few negatives. Two spare mags add 30 rounds to the 10 in the pistol. In this day and age you may need all you can get. This comes from the guy that carried a J frame Smith for years.

I have no agenda, I'm not selling anything or pushing an opinion. If anything, I'm a guy that got a .22 rifle as a kid, loved plinking and never got over it. Love vintage guns, enjoy good quality but not extravagance, appreciate a good rifle, pistol or shotgun.

I'll try and hang around for a bit and see if I can get grounded. This shoe might be a good fit.

Rascal,

I'm in the 'long tooth' category much as yourself.

Recognizing, like you, my coil could be shuffled off at the next moment, I've given some thought to the disposal of my remains.

No crypt in my non-future, just a simple cremation, no service, no flowers, no nutting, just here today, 'poof' gone tomorrow.

On that cheerful note, glad you're here.

Rascal,

I'm in the 'long tooth' category much as yourself.

Recognizing, like you, my coil could be shuffled off at the next moment, I've given some thought to the disposal of my remains.

No crypt in my non-future, just a simple cremation, no service, no flowers, no nutting, just here today, 'poof' gone tomorrow.

On that cheerful note, glad you're here.

Came to the same conclusion. I'm going to have my ashes dumped in the colorful Northern Michigan woods where I hunted ruffed grouse. All I ask is that it be a sunny day in early October. Among other things I don't want my kids feeling compelled to visit a grave and getting wrapped up in mourning.

Thank you for the welcome.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads