JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is the .30 Carbine still useful 75 years after it's introduction to the US Armed Forces?

• Yes! It still fills a substantial number of roles.

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • No, It's time has come and gone

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • I have never used one, so I am not sure.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I've been considering a .30 Carbine, but need more information.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I have another .30 Caliber rifle that covers the .30 Carbine's "niche".

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I have a pistol caliber carbine and think that it covers shots out to 100 yards.

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
Bought an old beat up 30 carbine 30 yrs ago for 75 bucks. Shot it a little, deer hunted with it one yr, just mostly sat around collecting dust so I let it go for 150 about 20 yrs ago. Kinda wish I would have kept it, just because it was a cool gun even though I never really had an actual use in mind except burning though expensive ammo.

Not many guns I have sold that I wish I had kept.

That old beat up 30 carbine is one of them. It was certainly cool just because of what it was and what it could have been involved in as a weapon that could have been used in a war.

Last Edited:
The m1 is handy & soft shooting. Like a 10-22 with more delivered energy.

I wish there were more offerings. I'd like a Blackhawk or an AMT.

in my dream world someone would make a broom handle Mauser in .30carbine. Oh well.

The .30 carbine round has decent qualities. I like the comparison to the 762x25. Iirc it they both have sufficient energy to penetrate cover and some armor. They would be very controllable in fa with the right platform.

From my armchair, It seems the worlds militaries have sunset everything but 9mm and .22 intermediate cartridges. Of course they use other specialized tools. because of: Load weight > volume of fire > controlability > logistics.

I bought some Korean made magazines, 15 and 30 rounds awhile back to replace the poorly performing ProMag's. I have yet to try them, when hunting season is over for everything maybe I can find a place with a clear safe backdrop. Right now I just want to test the function of my 2015 made 1945 Inland with these new magazines.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top