JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got off the phone with Kevin Mannix who relayed the sad news that the Oregon Castle Doctrine 2014 Initiative petition is short by over 10,000 signatures and won't get on the November 2014 ballot.

We needed 100,000 voter signatures by July 3rd.

<broken link removed>

That sucks. I got a number of people to sign myself. I hope he plans to bring this forward again.

Honestly though, I hardly heard much about this petition drive. Probably needs more press if it's going to go through. This forum was the only place I ever saw it discussed and I can't recall the last time it was brought up.

This is the first I have heard of it. I thought Oregon already has a castle doctrine.

While the ORS and case law establish that you do not have a duty to retreat while on your home or property, you can still be sued civily by your attackers family even if you are not charged or acquitted by the State. This Castle Law would have prevented that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top