Not enough signatures for Oregon Castle Doctrine 2014 Initiative

Nick Burkhardt

Reactions
I just got off the phone with Kevin Mannix who relayed the sad news that the Oregon Castle Doctrine 2014 Initiative petition is short by over 10,000 signatures and won't get on the November 2014 ballot.

We needed 100,000 voter signatures by July 3rd.

<broken link removed>

etrain16

Reactions
That sucks. I got a number of people to sign myself. I hope he plans to bring this forward again.

Honestly though, I hardly heard much about this petition drive. Probably needs more press if it's going to go through. This forum was the only place I ever saw it discussed and I can't recall the last time it was brought up.

OP
Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt

Reactions
This is the first I have heard of it. I thought Oregon already has a castle doctrine.
While the ORS and case law establish that you do not have a duty to retreat while on your home or property, you can still be sued civily by your attackers family even if you are not charged or acquitted by the State. This Castle Law would have prevented that.

Decker

Reactions
Same story here... Had not heard anything about this until now. Someone needs to run a social media campaign or something next time. :(

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom