JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like my Glocks.I like how they fit my hands and how they shoot and especially how much they cost.
But I kinda want something different.In 9mm this time
I mean I can get a P250 up here for 4 and a half.Same as a used g19.
But how much more will the mags cost? Can I find them like I can the glock mags?
How about an H&K USP? $600-800 right? Mags at $45?
Are they really worth 1/2 again as much as the glocks,just to have something different?

I'm not a fan of the XD(m) as it's about the same as the glock,IMO

So compacts,not subs and double/single?
Man I used to know all these models too.

Thanks
Mike

Be sure to have a good look at a SIG P226 before you make a buy. The 229 is also a gret gun and closer in size to the G19, but for me the 226 is my preference of the two. Also the M&Ps by Smith and Wesson are really nice shooting guns. Have fun deciding! ;)

So he M&P is cool.Handled on of those today.And the P226 is kinda what I was leaning towards,or the 2022?
But the Sig mags ,apparently are made of gold? $35-45 each.Or did I not find the link to the cheap ones?
I like to have about 5-6 extras which makes $200+ for those,after the $700+ for the 226

Comes down to what fits your hand.

The compact Glocks (own several full size), XD (have shot several full size), 1911's (own several full size), Sig's of any size, I am sure there are others just dont fit my hand. This is not to say they are bad guns but it really comes down to fit.

The p2000sk is the latest H&K no? And the USP mags are different,yes?

The cheapest of the bunch,fits me the best.It goes right on target for me and is the most available along with accessories. (I am kind of a cheap bastard now days)

I have to wait for a couple weeks anyway,so I'll keep looking for some Sig deals

Hey thanks for the responses

Well, I have had five and have three. So lets see ...
The Beretta Cougar 8000 is beautiful to shoot and beautiful to look at. It gets heavy on you belt after a little while.
The Browning Hi-Power is beautiful to shoot and sure is pretty. It is a 69C and I just can't get myself to carry it.
The Browning BDM is a double stack, a little ugly, not worth much, light on the belt and feeds anything I have tried. The trigger is not wonderful, but under stress I wouldn't notice. And having it locked up by LE for like forever before I got it back wouldn't bother me.
Ruger SR9, good gun, rough trigger, just didn't appeal to me. Sold it.
Taurus 24/7, good gun, very long trigger pull, again, just didn't make me happy. Gave it to my brother.

Different guns, different stokes,
Ed

Thanks again for the help?,yeah the help.Now I have 5 more guns to try out ;)

But honestly,with the initial cost and the price of accessories (at least 1 1/2 to 1 on the sig and H&K) and the availability of mags and holsters, the Glock 17/19 is probably the way to go.
If I want that warm fuzzy feeling,the USP or Sigs,but at $200-300 more,mags at $40+
I have handled the M&P and must say it is a nice pointer and the grips are great.Cost would be close with the mags hard to find at $40

"Are they really worth 1/2 again as much as the glocks,just to have something different?" If that's an issue for you, probably not.

If there is something specific I am looking for in a "different" gun, I have to ask myself if I am willing to pay the extra $$$ to get the feature, sometimes it is, sometimes it is not.

If I just "kinda want something different" for the sake of getting something different, and the question is "is it worth it?", the answer is always "NO!".

I am really impressed with the CZ 75BD I picked up a while back. No box but it appeared to be unfired with two mags for $350. All steel (which I wanted) and fits my hand perfectly but the plastic grips need to go. A great alternative to a BHP if that is what you want but do not want to spend the money.

Well, I have several sigs and a couple Glocks. Sigs locate the sights more natually(point) for me and that counts alot. I have to push the bbl down on a Glock
Good news is the P250 has a lowered price lately. Budsgunshop.com has 'em for $369 delivered now. and locally I've seen 'em for $399.

I bought it then just had to go shoot more often to get better at DAO, perfect excuse!!

I am really impressed with the CZ 75BD I picked up a while back. No box but it appeared to be unfired with two mags for $350. All steel (which I wanted) and fits my hand perfectly but the plastic grips need to go. A great alternative to a BHP if that is what you want but do not want to spend the money.

Funny thing about CZ is the H&K and Sig guys love the CZ...but I guess it just isn't sexy enough to actually carry
Everything I have heard of the CZ is that it is as well built as any gun out there

I don't see many any more

And cyclesarge,you stated exactly my feelings on the case.If I had big $$$ then I would have all of the above,but I don't hence the decision for the economical route

Guy at the range had a CZ and man could he shoot it. And he was in love with it. Said he wanted to show the folks with the pricy guns just what it would do shooting IDPA. What more can you ask?
Ed

I'm a fan of the Ruger P series; am trying to convince my dad to give me his P85 MKI for christmas ;) I see they sell for $350 or so shipped on GB with transfers; and $300 on average for the P-series in 9mm other than the .45s and newer ones

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top