Not all PMags are created equal!

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Kruejl, Aug 16, 2015.

1. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist
    Oregon
    AK's all day.

Finally other fellas see the light.
    While they make for incredibly smooth feeding range mags, I dont have many of them for this reason.

The USGI mags always GTG

rangerstx4, Stomper and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  2. The B

The B
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One bad mag causes you to lose faith (since you had 'em in your duty weapon, I'm assuming you had faith to begin with..)?

I can't even tell you how many metal mags I've thrown in the trash over the years... I never lost confidence in metal mags because of it. In fact, I've thrown away WAY more metal than polymer. I'd guess I've thrown away two D&H mags for every Pmag I've chucked. Yet..... coincidentally... ALL of my 30 round mags in rotation are D&H teflon or Brownell's... only Pmags I've got right now are 20s. Again... coincidentally.

Probably time I order up some new Pmags.. They have been way more durable, in my experience. D&H is kinda the gold standard for STANAG mags, but all it takes is one good whack to the sidewall or spine and they're done. Round-file. You usually gotta wail on a Pmag to get 'em to crack. And even then they'll probably still run for a long time.

But when you're dealing with extremely inexpensive, disposable products... sometimes they break. Just the way it goes. The idea is to circulate your mags, and bubblegum-can the ones that don't pass inspection as you rotate out.

partsed and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  3. Gene Rojas

Gene Rojas
    Keizer in my mind

I can only speak from my experience with Pmags- which is limited. My AR-15s are new- two with Spike's lowers, a Ruger SR-556 and a S&W MP-15T, all bought less than two years ago. All of the Pmags I have- M2 MOEs, M3s, all also bought less than two years ago as well, all drop when empty. The new Pmags are good.

Geno

4. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I've modified all magazines I ever owned to drop free. If the magazine is metal I'll find what is making it not drop free and remove the obstruction.