JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bring back this dead horse with a new angle. After pulling this split mag from my patrol rifle and watching it spit rounds like Class 3, I'm officially over polymer mags.

View attachment 390427

One bad mag causes you to lose faith (since you had 'em in your duty weapon, I'm assuming you had faith to begin with..)?

I can't even tell you how many metal mags I've thrown in the trash over the years... I never lost confidence in metal mags because of it. In fact, I've thrown away WAY more metal than polymer. I'd guess I've thrown away two D&H mags for every Pmag I've chucked. Yet..... coincidentally... ALL of my 30 round mags in rotation are D&H teflon or Brownell's... only Pmags I've got right now are 20s. Again... coincidentally.

Probably time I order up some new Pmags.. They have been way more durable, in my experience. D&H is kinda the gold standard for STANAG mags, but all it takes is one good whack to the sidewall or spine and they're done. Round-file. You usually gotta wail on a Pmag to get 'em to crack. And even then they'll probably still run for a long time.

But when you're dealing with extremely inexpensive, disposable products... sometimes they break. Just the way it goes. The idea is to circulate your mags, and bubblegum-can the ones that don't pass inspection as you rotate out.

I can only speak from my experience with Pmags- which is limited. My AR-15s are new- two with Spike's lowers, a Ruger SR-556 and a S&W MP-15T, all bought less than two years ago. All of the Pmags I have- M2 MOEs, M3s, all also bought less than two years ago as well, all drop when empty. The new Pmags are good.

Geno

I've modified all magazines I ever owned to drop free. If the magazine is metal I'll find what is making it not drop free and remove the obstruction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top