JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a cute shirt. And will get you attention from all the boys. :rolleyes:
Not sure I would advertise I carry a gun.

If your weaker and smaller than your potential attacker. An element of surprise coupled with your weapon and ability to use it. May actually save your life.

I wear a firearm T-shirt of some sort quite often. I don't care what people think. Of course, I do have a beard though! :p

It's a cute shirt. And will get you attention from all the boys. :rolleyes:
Not sure I would advertise I carry a gun.

If your weaker and smaller than your potential attacker. An element of surprise coupled with your weapon and ability to use it. May actually save your life.

Haha! Not necessarily looking to get attention from the boys. Men on the other hand hehe jk jk There's a time and place for certain shirts. This is more of a shirt to wear when I go shooting... I found I needed to build my high collar shirt collection so why not with firearm related ones? Thanks for the advice! :)

Last Edited:
i Highly recommend Defensive Firearm Instruction, LLC, located in Springfield. Awesome guys with a wide array of classes one can take at very reasonable prices. I will be taking their tactical handgun classes soon.

Haha! Not necessarily looking to get attention from the boys. Men on the other hand hehe jk jk There's a time and place for everything. This is more of a shirt to wear when I go shooting... I found I needed to build my high collar shirt collection so why not with firearm related ones? Thanks for the advice! :)

Lots of way cool firearms shirts out there. Enjoy!!!

BTW, I second the warning about shooting with folks that may have ingrained bad technique. You don't want to have to undo bad habits, it just takes longer than aquiring proper training in the first place. However, after you have watched some quality vids you should be able to tell who's full of it and who's the real deal.

I was shooting with my daughter and she turned and said "something isn't right ith this gun". I chuckled.

A gal shooting a couple lanes over looked at me, and I smiled at her too, kind of chuckling.

We started talking and she mentioned that women's hand grip is set up differently then men's. (Let the laughing and giggling begin.....).

She said that her husband was super accurate with his Smith, but she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 10' with it. She was accurate with her Colt, but he couldn't hit anything with it.

She was telling me that women typically have to find a grip (and grip angle) that suits them. She said all women are different and that she (my daughter) just needs to try different makes/models until she finds what works for her.

Just a suggestion. Go to a place that has loaner pistols and try as many as you can to see what works best for you?

Then practice, practice, practice.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck.

Haha! Not necessarily looking to get attention from the boys. Men on the other hand hehe jk jk There's a time and place for everything. This is more of a shirt to wear when I go shooting... I found I needed to build my high collar shirt collection so why not with firearm related ones? Thanks for the advice! :)

There is a time and place for everything.

Last Edited:
My best friend sent me this link and I ordered the shirt for myself faster than the next text came in saying it was going to be my birthday present :s0114: :s0140::s0092:

"Not A Pepper Spray Kind Of Girl" T-Shirt - Shirts - Apparel | GLOCK USA

I purchased a new handgun last week for my collection and naturally found a day to get some shooting time in. However, being mostly self taught, it's hard to know what I'm doing right or wrong without an experienced shooter with me to give me pointers. I learned gun safety and the basics of how my handguns work from the CHL class I took, so I'm not concerned about that. Just working more on shooting accuracy. I found that watching videos before heading out helped! What are some of your favorites?

My best friend sent me this link and I ordered the shirt for myself faster than the next text came in saying it was going to be my birthday present :s0114: :s0140::s0092:

"Not A Pepper Spray Kind Of Girl" T-Shirt - Shirts - Apparel | GLOCK USA

I purchased a new handgun last week for my collection and naturally found a day to get some shooting time in. However, being mostly self taught, it's hard to know what I'm doing right or wrong without an experienced shooter with me to give me pointers. I learned gun safety and the basics of how my handguns work from the CHL class I took, so I'm not concerned about that. Just working more on shooting accuracy. I found that watching videos before heading out helped! What are some of your favorites?
Still trying to get the hang of posting. Forum virgin. The most helpful feedback I've got is from having a laser on the gun. A laser will show you, for example, that you pressure on the trigger is pushing the gun off to the left. So you quickly learn to position your trigger finger differently and or retrain yourself to apply pressure directly backward and or to hold gun much harder with off hand. If gun moves erratically during trigger squeeze you may need a different gripping style that holds gun more firmly. A laser let's you know exactly what you are doing.

She said that her husband was super accurate with his Smith, but she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 10' with it. She was accurate with her Colt, but he couldn't hit anything with it.

She was telling me that women typically have to find a grip (and grip angle) that suits them. She said all women are different and that she (my daughter) just needs to try different makes/models until she finds what works for her.

Just a suggestion. Go to a place that has loaner pistols and try as many as you can to see what works best for you?

Then practice, practice, practice.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck.
That's not just a Man/Woman thing. Everybody has different sized hands, bone structures, and natural gripping tendencies. My son was dead accurate with our old beretta but I hit low with it... I'm good with a full size Glock, but can't hit great with a compact. Glock and others figured this out and started sending out different back strap sizes to swap out, but there is other things that factor in too.. such as trigger shape, and pull geometry, and even the shape of the trigger guard. A .001" off center at the muzzle quickly multiplies as the bullet travels down range. As if we need an excuse to shoot as many different guns as possible:D

I used a .22lr conversion on my pistol. It's a good way to stretch your practice dollar. I would shoot anywhere from 250-500 rns of .22 running the same drills as I did with full power loads then switch to the full power loads and run the drills. I know many poopoo them but I have a .22 conversion for every pistol/rifle that I can get them for.
You want to learn to shoot accurately?:oops:I say get a target 22 auto pistol.
Ruger 5.5 inch bull barrel would be an excellent choice. Many manufactures and models
to choose from. See what fits you best. Trigger control is an important fundamental.
The low recoil 22 pistol will teach you not to flinch. Mind over flinch. ;) my .02$.

I just now started practicing with .22 Target pistols. I got an old Hi Standard about a month ago, and a Ruger MK2 over the weekend. Both of them just kinda fell on my lap, so to speak, but I've really taken to the concept.... Way cheaper to shoot, and man do they(especially the HS) make me look good on paper! I'm not completely sold that it fully translates to better accuracy with the center fires.. recoil, trigger pull etc. are much different... but it certainly helps with the fundamentals.
I only have one 10rd mag each for them, so it really keeps me from burning through the ammo like I do with my Glock.

A .22 Rimfire pistol or revolver makes a great platform for learning to properly "Point Shoot" with a Centerfire. Especially, if the Rimfire is pretty much the same as your Centerfire. This also goes for the Conversion Units for Pistols. Such as the Glocks and the 1911A1s.

And, yes, as far as I'm concerned they do translate to the Centerfire platforms.

I haven't tried a pistol conversion yet, but I can see how they would be a better option because your using the same trigger, grip and controls... only the recoil is different. I do have a dedicated .22 upper for my ARs, and it's a great practice platform!
I'm sure that even the target pistols translate some to the centerfire they are patterned after, enough to make it well worth owning and practicing with one.... but there's no substitute for the real thing.

I put a .22lr conversion on my wife's 9mm compact and she loves it. Says it's just like shooting our pellet pistols.:)
Now she shoots a lot more.:)

Check out, "Twisted Industries" For .22 conversions.
Ours worked flawlessly right out of the box.:)

Last Edited:
@Camelfilter "women's section" so the one I posted in? I've been invited to the Ladies League at TriCounty.... however have you seen the qualifications for that? :eek: I have some work to do... to say the least.
Don't let that scare you off, lol. There are women there that don't have those skills, but they still come.
If you would like to go out to TriCounty sometime to practice, just give me a holler :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top